2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea can afford to gamble on this lad, and hope that he turns into a great player.

We can’t make the same gamble. We need players that will score goals if we are going to avoid relegation.
This…… anyone offering £40m+ for Gordon is gambling on him becoming a £60m -£70m player in the next couple of years. I’ve seen nothing yet to suggest that’s gonna happen.

This…… anyone offering £40m+ for Gordon is gambling on him becoming a £60m -£70m player in the next couple of years. I’ve seen nothing yet to suggest that’s gonna happen.

We always over hype our yoof.

Barkley was the next Gascoigne
Rodwell the next Gerrard
Davies the next Ball

The truth is Rooney has been the only truly top class player to come from the academy in a long time.

Chelsea just paid £47m for a proven wide attaching player who has scored a goal once every 160mins or so. IF there’s any truth in them being after Gordon I think we may be in for lower fee than what is being touted on here / in the rags.
They also just gave Villa 20 million for a lad with about 2 league games

I would judge McNeil after he has an actual CF to link up with and not 7 stone Gordon playing as a false 9 !

McNeil will never be a baller but he's capable of notching 6+ assists a season with his crosses which as a squad player is decent business
It's not AG's fault he's playing No9. It's the people who a lot on here are putting their faith on improving the squad by selling AG such as Thelwell's fault. And Thelwell must have clairvoyant skills coz McNeills past stats show nothing in potential. Particularly last seasons.

Personally I just don’t really buy it. I’ve said before, when it came to the crunch last year he got 1 goal and no assists in the last 16 games. Holgate had more goal involvements. That isn’t even meant as a criticism, it’s just to highlight that the idea we were relying on him to do everything is a bit mad, because if we had been we’d 100% be in the championship right now. There’s nothing weird about a 21 year old winger being a regular starter, it’s like some people have never actually watched football before.
But we were relying on him, and he didn't deliver, which is probably part of the reason that we needed until the last home game of the season to stay up mate...

Maybe I worded my point badly. We shouldn't be relying on Gordon so much, and the fact that we have and do, is probably a big part of the reason we are where we are. Just like if we think Iwobi will actually become a top class playmaker (and I think right now btw he's the best creative player we've got), we'll also end up with egg on our face.

There isn't anything weird about it no. But it is an unusual situation for a winger who was literally on the verge of going on loan last August (would have gone if we got Diaz) then becoming pretty much a guaranteed starter under two managers.

They value Broja at £25m + addons. Him, Gilmour/Gallagher on loan and £20m I would be happy with

Looks like it will be Batshuayi on permanent, Gilmour loan and ££. Not sure how I feel about that. Unless we ate paying about £2m for Batshuayi
Depends who the money is then spent on I suppose.

I remember moneybags city buying Rodwell.

This could work out differently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.

That was different because Gordon can go on to be a player (won’t at Chelsea though)

Rodwell was a complete and utter busted flush at the time and many, if not all of us, were astounded we were receiving cash for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.