2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

But we just bought McNeill for 20m. Looks like the club may need more practice to replicate that business model.

I would judge McNeil after he has an actual CF to link up with and not 7 stone Gordon playing as a false 9 !

McNeil will never be a baller but he's capable of notching 6+ assists a season with his crosses which as a squad player is decent business

I remember how soul destroying it was the day we sold Rooney. Before anyone starts I'm not comparing Rooney to AG...the similarity is that they were the players with most or a lot of talent in the respective squads at the time. Now this selling our talent seems to be the norm. To read some of the comments on AG is very sad. Without him last season we are playing Championship football. Two games into the season and a lot of opinions have changed. Dare I say it if he scored yesterday this thread may look very different.
Not sure I agree with this. He got 4 goals in 35 games last year. One could argue Richy's whopping 10-or-so goals made the difference, or Pickford's saves, or perpetually injured DCL getting that header; "if" we didn't have the injuries last season we weren't in trouble, "if" decisions would have gone our way we'd been fine etc etc.

A promising winger, but not a major talent. £45-50m surely cannot be rejected by any level headed board.

If you need me, I'll be watching Morgan Gibbs White videos on YouTube.

Bang... he scores.

Bang... he scores again.

I love you, end product.
Dread to watch Gordon’s highlight reel on YouTube.. ?

He runs.. he runs some more.

I suppose if someone edited his set pieces to cut to the next JUST before it reached that first man.. we could marvel at his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.