2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what is going on in Gordon’s head but if he fancies going to Chelsea with all that brings, money etc. and Everton refuse to sell could we end up with a disgruntled player just when we need everyone pulling in the right direction to stay in the league ?

For comparison, Newcastle brought in that Guimares fella for about £30-35m, and he is absolutely superb and has revolutionised their entire side. Gordon is like a Sunday League player compared to him, albeit they play different positions. £40m, anything more, get the deal completed and get reinforcements in.

Players like him, Onana and Jesus highlight what you can get for less than 40m. If we invest the money correctly we will end up in a much better position.

This thread is just the best.

It`l like a virus that keeps on mutating.

By the end of the day, Chelsea will have offered 120mil.

We`ll counter this and offer a ten year contract of 500k a week wages.

Chelsea will come back in, match his wages, offer us six players and 120mil and even offer to finance the remainder of the new ground for us.
It's like a sadistic experiment in human psychology, run by some smarmy [redacted] who should be getting brought up on ethics charges rather than skimming most of the research grants he collects into his own pockets, which has somehow taken on a life of its own and in less than twenty-four hours has gone in directions that no one possibly could have anticipated.

Everton, that.

This thread is just the best.

It`l like a virus that keeps on mutating.

By the end of the day, Chelsea will have offered 120mil.

We`ll counter this and offer a ten year contract of 500k a week wages.

Chelsea will come back in, match his wages, offer us six players and 120mil and even offer to finance the remainder of the new ground for us.
And people will still say it’s a bad deal

To assume that just because both these players have a bit of skill about them that they will be a top player is a little bit short sighted. Around a decade ago or just under we had 3 of the top talents in Europe. Lukaku, barkley and deloufeu. All 3 of which were getting very good numbers, much better than Gordon did last season. But only 1 of these players actually developed and that is lukaku and he still failed at man utd and chelsea since. Deulofeu has been on a steady decline at clubs and last time I checked warms the bench at udinese and barkley has never got off the bench at Chelsea and has played a handful of games in the last season.

Now with Gordon he's scored about 3 or 4 goals in the prem and only 1 of which wasn't a deflection. He shows glimpses of good pace and dribbling skills but I would not say he looks as effectively explosive as deulofeu did. I would be interested to know what in your opinion makes you think Gordon will definitely be a top player. As I see it he has more of a chance of stagnating like most young talents do instead of progressing into a world beater.

Havent two of the three gone on to win major trophies. I was never really a big fan of Del myself.

Couldn't you throw Wayne Rooney into the mix to - there is litany of players who have left Everton for other clubs and gone on to be very successful at other clubs.

I dont understand the point you are making - players have left us and in your opinion haven't been successful - despite 100s of millions in fees changing hands and winning trophies - therefore everyone who is talented at Everton will leave and not be successful, i dont think thats a very good pathway to be judging potential player retention on mate.

Ive posted reams above on why i think hes quality mate - just this morning - but obviously we are all fallible here as we arent involved in the game - but i refer to the market - its red hot for the lid, why? - what have Bayern, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea seen that disproves your opinion - your putting your chips down on you being a better judge of a player then scouting Depts of CL winning clubs - would that not give you pause for thought?

A random Twitter account posts a rumor with a “source” at the end of the tweet and it takes off like wildfire. And the amount of arguing and bickering going on between everyone is just appalling. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

oh come on, its great fun for a Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.