2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player has a price, based on what the club said about him after giving him the number 10 shirt, i think Frank/Kevin will not accept anything lower than 50-55M

All these shouts to sell AG. There's a whole heap of other players that offer far less than AG that deserve the excitement that this potential transfer seems to be generating. The players last season voted him as the player of the year but keyboard warriors say get rid. You'd swear we had a heap of world class players banging down the door to play for Everton.

But no ones bidding £40m plus for the other players.

50m+ I’d take. He has a lot of potential but his end product is currently really poor. We would be able to reinvest that into a player who is currently very good and not just potential…you’d think. I’m still wary of who we would sign with the money because of the past.

Same folks saying “snap their hand off” or “drive him there myself for that” will be the first to have a go at the board if we go down and say “WHY DID WE SELL GORDON”
I’m going to enjoy their fume when we reject 40m.

Don't know how much of the 40m you're going to see, though. My first instinct was that it's a lot of money and probably not a take it or leave it situation so there is room to make a deal happen.

But, I do know you want to be having a conversation about what we can get back, from Chelsea, before going too much further. I think the twenty seven sub rule is another bind here, because young, attacking players will always be useful for managers chasing games.

Finally, I think Gordon playing off the left side offers plenty of promise but accept your point about tangible return.
I think Gordon will come good. But there is a downside. I can find a bunch of other guys who I like in that position who might come good but with lower downside if we're buying them for 10-15m after taking the 40m. It's a money thing, which we unfortunately have to be very mindful of.

Evertonians begging Chelsea to come in for Gordon and take him for a few quid are like serfs beseeching the Lord of the Manor to take their family members in exchange for a few chickens and goats.

Get off your knees.
I will get off my knees when we have a forward line that can win football matches, till then im on my knees and im begging teams to take ALL our players.

Every player has a price, based on what the club said about him after giving him the number 10 shirt, i think Frank/Kevin will not accept anything lower than 50-55M
Has people have said, we have the potential to do a deal here. 40 mil plus broja on loan is a really good deal. We get an attacker in who already use to the league. Should get at least 10 goals for us at worse. Then we still have further funds to get winger or second striker in.

Status
Not open for further replies.