2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be if Gordon were a good player
Players last season then closed their eyes and stuck a pin in the list for their player of the season!!! And Chelsea/Newcastle are clueless coz they expressed interest in a rubbish player!!!! It doesn't make sense. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't see us improving by selling him.

If their opening offer is 40, I think if a player was involved it will be around 40 plus a player.

Broja is the obvious one. But would love Gallagher. It will never happen Because a Everton football club will never play a three in midfield, but Gana, Onana and a Gallagher in a trio would be nice.

Pickford
Tarkowski-Coady-Mykolenko
Patterson-Onana-Gallagher-Gueye-Iwobi
DCL-Terrier

Make it happen

I believe it was a, 'we'll give you 50m to strengthen your forward line so you don't go down'.

One of those kinda down payments
DOJAPyAWAAEE77t.jpg

"£50m up front, nothing to pay in 12 months".

40m is not enough, players are really inflated, you cannot buy much with 40. 55m and id be off the bog for some tissue.

This has come out of nowhere and is all a bit mental really. Read some shameful views on the lad over the past 50 pages or so too it must be said. He was a huge reason we stayed up last year.

Love having a blue in the side, and think he’s our best wide player with potential to get much better in a settled team not fighting relegation. With that said, I don’t see how we reject £50m+ for him given that it’s pure FFP profit and it’d sort us out for 2+ years. He is also still largely potential at this point. I think he’ll kick on though myself.

These cash and loan deals can absolutely do one by the way, they get one of our better players and they loan you someone they don’t particularly want for a year, but will then refuse to sell you for anything less than a scandalous fee afterward. Jog on.

Is he really that good? Can’t help but feel that the team he has been playing in has helped him stand out. Think we should snap their hand off at 50mil. Providing we have replacements lined up.
I agree it isn’t like selling Rooney who was so so good, Gordon has worked hard but not much else, I’d say for 30 million we keep but for 50 plus get him gone ASAP and get on the good side of Chelsea to help us with a couple of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.