Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon said he'd run through a brick wall for us in his interview!

In fairness to El Ghazi, the fans should have learned their lesson when looking down their noses at Townsend and Gray in the summer.

We spent 65m on Bolasie and Iwobi, let's not forget.

If we can get 3-5 goals out of El Ghazi before the end of the season he'll have been a roaring success.

Would be wrong to write him off before he's kicked a ball.
I don’t know why people mention Townsend he’s been almost exactly what most people expected him to be a solid enough premier league player who does a job but not actually very good most of the time. He’s scored a couple of good goals to be fair to him but overall I don’t think he’s exceeded many people’s expectations.

I didn't realize he scored 11 in 31 last season. Counting minutes he scored a goal every 170 minutes or 1 every 2 games. Not bad for a winger. No assists though, which is a bit odd. Can he cross?

Not expecting much, but he's a blue for the rest of the season so I hope he turns out to be as positive a signing as Gray and Townsend.
No, doesn't really do crossing. Pens for a lot of those goals.

This one baffled me at first but I think in the context of the Digne deal it probably makes sense - after signing Coutinho Digne's wages are a lot for Villa to take on so we are probably greasing things by taking a fringe player off their wage bill for the duration of Coutinho's loan. We get a decent backup player for a period when games are going to come thick and fast, with an option to buy if he does well, and if it secured a permanent transfer out for Digne when there were few permanent offers it's probably sensible business.

Status
Not open for further replies.