Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not convinced by that. This whole he cant defend narrative seems to be from the same school of thinking as Gueye "cant pass a ball".

The reason he has gone is because he has a falling out with the manager, which is fine, it's not because he can't defend, he wouldn't have played every game before his falling out otherwise.
I agree if he hadnt of fell out he would still be here, but thats on him, everyone else else is getting along and working hard, he wasnt up to it

If its a loan on a reasonable wage I don't have an issue with it in isolation.

The big issue, as we all know, is there are far more pressing concerns.
Exactly like centre midfield and centre back. To be fair to Carlin he’s just pointing out it’s a risk free loan deal and he’s definitely not saying he’s better than Richarlison but pointing out their stats at scoring and assisting last season,and Carlin stresses last season.

FWIW i dont think he's a bad player.
But....

Instead of who ?

From the left of mid
Richy?
Gray?
Gordon?

Doesnt start in front of any of them for me.

Sign a Right mid & Centre mid then it makes sense .
Pointless signing.
How can signing a good player be pointless when our squad is so bad? We need options, we need to move players around, we need cover for injuries, also we dont know how bad Richy actually is, also Gray can actually play both wings.
I agree he wont start ahead of them but were not sure exactly how we will play him right now

Status
Not open for further replies.