Arabs KB'd by Everton???

Status
Not open for further replies.
for certain ghost,
the one positive from us being skint at the time the prem came along is that we couldnt go for it in a leeds kind of way, if we had been in a position to compete i firmly believe we would be have took on an enormous amount of debt to try and make it, the difference now is these guys are using their own money, i doubt they get loans but i may be wrong, it's almost loose change to them, what will happen when they get bored is anyones guess, they may just sell it to the fans and they own it like barcas fans, thats if they make a positive impression on them, they are a passionate fanbase and the reaction when they attend will be like nothing theyve experienced before.
i think we can say that we have been left behind, and any c.l. ambitions have suffered a knock as they should be able to buy their place now. i dont think we could afford the squad needed for c'l prior to this though

Just seen on SSN the figures. Abramovich is worth £11.5b, compare that to City owners who have a combined wealth of £500b

Chelsea - £11,000,000,000
Man C - £500,000,000,000

It makes Chelsea like us in comparison. Unbelievable!

for certain ghost,
the one positive from us being skint at the time the prem came along is that we couldnt go for it in a leeds kind of way, if we had been in a position to compete i firmly believe we would be have took on an enormous amount of debt to try and make it, the difference now is these guys are using their own money, i doubt they get loans but i may be wrong, it's almost loose change to them, what will happen when they get bored is anyones guess, they may just sell it to the fans and they own it like barcas fans, thats if they make a positive impression on them, they are a passionate fanbase and the reaction when they attend will be like nothing theyve experienced before.
i think we can say that we have been left behind, and any c.l. ambitions have suffered a knock as they should be able to buy their place now. i dont think we could afford the squad needed for c'l prior to this though
Sad but true there is not much if any chance unless the ownership changes and Im not getting at Kenwright but these guys blow us out the water we will now be fighting for 6 th place if not this season then next season for sure .I also cant see them keeping Hughes as manager.(y)

Davek, that report is littered with words like 'it is understood' and 'he is believed' and 'speculation'

Nothing you could take to court.

Let's be realistic about this, if you think people like Lerner aren't going to use back channels like newspapers to flag up there interest in club's you're being naive. And you'll never get them to come out personally with all singing, all dancing quotes to say they bid for something but failed. It's reasonable to assume that a club on a similar footing to Villa would have been checked out by Lerner (as per the article) especially when Ellis was fannying around at the time.

That's the nature of your forum poster. Taking everything they read as gospel, and not taking into consideration the way the stories are worded.

Its how rumours start, and bullshit creeps in.

The nature of yer forum poster? Can you sound anymore pompous, Swiss Tony?

They'll do anything to protect Bill...even call for the head of David Moyes.
Be quiet mate that statement is just not true and you know it, some people just refuse to blame everythihng on bill and also like to look at the positives which he has brought to the club such as!!!!! oh let me think david moyes, and taken us from relegation candidates to a well respected and well performing club

Be quiet mate that statement is just not true and you know it, some people just refuse to blame everythihng on bill and also like to look at the positives which he has brought to the club such as!!!!! oh let me think david moyes, and taken us from relegation candidates to a well respected and well performing club

I actually quite like Bill (I disagree with him on a couple of issues, but I like the bloke) however, Davey Moyes was handed to him on a plate with no alternatives by Walter 'very disappointing' Smith, who was allowed to overstay his welcome by Bill (loyalty isn't always a virtue)

How can anyone seriously believe that at their first press conference as owners of Man City, the first thing Al-Fahim & co says is that City weren't their 1st choice?!...

Balls, they're never going to admit anything like that officially.
They want to endear themselves to the fans - even if they had registered interest in us, they're not going to tell the City fans & the press about it.

Never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back