Arabs KB'd by Everton???

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there anyone else here who is glad that we weren't bought out by rich arabs?

i'm a pretty new supporter of the blues, but when i first started looking for a team to support, the sky 4 was already pretty solidified as dominant. part of everton's charm was that we didn't spend absurd amounts of money, that we weren't proponents of the decay of true footballing because we weren't subscribing to the new order of finances ahead of the true spirit of the game. at everton, it was, and i'd like to think still is, about the game of football, we're a club before we are a company, and that is very important to me.

how do you think real madrid fans feel every year? is winning the la liga title that great of a joy to them? certainly it was less joy than what the next smaller spanish club will feel the next time they lift the trophy. what about inter fans, winning the league by a mile? i'll be fiorentina fans were even more proud of their teams steady progress, and of qualifying for the champions league this season.

don't get me wrong, i know football is about trophy's and i want everton to win them just as much as the next guy. but i also know that a huge investor often causes more harm than good, just look at manchester shitty. at the very least, our club plays with dignity, we may be short on numbers right now and obviously we're struggling atleast a bit, but the players understand that the club stands for something big, and i'd like to think that most of the fans see that as well.

look i know it sounds like a bunch of sappy bullshit, and i'm as frustrated with the transfer season as everyone else, but that's really what i believe. football to me is about heart, not money, and in spite of all of your criticism for the team, that's the direction which i see the team taking.

I'd like to see more money - not necessarily 100's of millions to spend on transfers each summer, but enough so that we can revamp our wage structure to keep more in line (worrying that clubs like Sunderland, West Ham and the like are able to throw 50k+ at a player without thinking twice) and enough that we could be looking at state of the art stadium options rather than being told that Kirkby's the only viable one the club has.

More transfer cash would be nice, but I agree with you that it means more to me to see Moyes bring in relative unknowns like Cahill, Arteta, Yobo, Lescott & Pienaar and see them do well than it would if he merely paid top dollar for players that may or may not have taken us farther than we have come in the last few years. (West Ham, Newcastle and City all come to mind)

We don't need to go as far as an Abramovich or a Middle Eastern Royal family, just someone with access to a lot more financial oomph than Kenwright. I think we all know that wouldn't be very difficult.

I actually quite like Bill (I disagree with him on a couple of issues, but I like the bloke) however, Davey Moyes was handed to him on a plate with no alternatives by Walter 'very disappointing' Smith, who was allowed to overstay his welcome by Bill (loyalty isn't always a virtue)
in all fairness mate he took a gamble on moyes as we are a massive club qnd i remember at the time a lot of supporters wanted a world class manager, who had proven track record and won trophies, instead he went for someone who was hungry, up and coming from the championship and for me was one of the best decisions in the clubs history, so i dont believe he was handed on a plate, however fair point about the walter smith issue although everytime he made good signings they were always sold on

Its all a big game to the Arabs once one family gets one they all want one so there is hope and lets hope its the one with the big money to [Poor language removed] BK off,and give davey boy what he wants.(y)(y)(y)

is there anyone else here who is glad that we weren't bought out by rich arabs?

i'm a pretty new supporter of the blues, but when i first started looking for a team to support, the sky 4 was already pretty solidified as dominant. part of everton's charm was that we didn't spend absurd amounts of money, that we weren't proponents of the decay of true footballing because we weren't subscribing to the new order of finances ahead of the true spirit of the game. at everton, it was, and i'd like to think still is, about the game of football, we're a club before we are a company, and that is very important to me.

how do you think real madrid fans feel every year? is winning the la liga title that great of a joy to them? certainly it was less joy than what the next smaller spanish club will feel the next time they lift the trophy. what about inter fans, winning the league by a mile? i'll be fiorentina fans were even more proud of their teams steady progress, and of qualifying for the champions league this season.

don't get me wrong, i know football is about trophy's and i want everton to win them just as much as the next guy. but i also know that a huge investor often causes more harm than good, just look at manchester shitty. at the very least, our club plays with dignity, we may be short on numbers right now and obviously we're struggling atleast a bit, but the players understand that the club stands for something big, and i'd like to think that most of the fans see that as well.

look i know it sounds like a bunch of sappy bullshit, and i'm as frustrated with the transfer season as everyone else, but that's really what i believe. football to me is about heart, not money, and in spite of all of your criticism for the team, that's the direction which i see the team taking.

Spot on, mate! (y)

Just think if some rich arabs bought EFC and rebuilt GP. There would be minarets at each corner, a big green dome on top of the main stand and a PA system that could be heard for 20 miles to call all the fans in.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back