Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

His injury status and lack of recent form are the only reasons we were able to land him in a deal we could afford. This is a pragmatic opportunistic deal that is a gamble but a pretty safe one in that the risk is low and the potential rewards could be high. Had his development not “stalled” he would either have stayed at Chelsea or demanded a £50 million fee. Had he not been injured he would have got a loan elsewhere.

I don't think Beto is a target man. He is poo with his back to goal and prefers the ball in front of him. He's like Broja in that regard

I think he is, he is good at backing into players to receive the ball and looks to lay off and go. He does do it a bit differently though.

IMG_0115.webp

We've seen he knows where the net is.

I think it's about getting him fit and on the pitch an see how we go from there.

People get swept away by negative social media opinion before someone has kicked a ball, it's prevalent since the rise of Social media.

Let reserve judgement till he's got a few games under his belt and if he's not good enough so be it,but he surprises a few people happy days.

A lot the sickness in the fanbase at the minute comes from the 'eyar I told ya so'...we all want the same thing.
It’s nice and easy to write players off and it seems to always be me extreme or the other… crap or baller.

He looked great at Southampton and then suffered some bad injuries, then not getting into a Chelsea madhouse team isn’t something to write him off.

Hopefully a good number of games, get his fitness up and he can show what he can do

It’s nice and easy to write players off and it seems to always be me extreme or the other… crap or baller.

He looked great at Southampton and then suffered some bad injuries, then not getting into a Chelsea madhouse team isn’t something to write him off.

Hopefully a good number of games, get his fitness up and he can show what he can do

He was good in parts at Southampton but he didn't score at all after about January. I can't see him scoring more than 5 for us this season, hopefully that will be enough.

From what I’ve seen I think he’s a bit meh.

He looks like to me like a battering ram (James Beattie Kevin Davies type) someone who will be a bit of a nightmare to play against but not score too many goals.

That’s ok if you have goal scoring wide forwards or wingers in ye team but we don’t.

Anyway he’s came from one madhouse to another so I guess he has ‘experience’

Good luck and prove a lot of us wrong

I think he is, he is good at backing into players to receive the ball and looks to lay off and go. He does do it a bit differently though.
Trouble with that is he's got to hold it up for 5 minutes while he waits for the rest of the attackers to get in the box.He could sit on the ball and have a fag and a coffee while he waits.( For the Americans on here ,( a fag in England is a cigarette).

It gives us a little more strength in depth (not sure about the quality) obviously not whilst he’s out at present. I think it’s because they see DCL going in January, We use DCL/Beto for the time being, Chermitti once back and then this guys an option once available.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back