Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

….suspect it might be Chelsea contacting us as ours was the only offer they still had on the table, even if it was the worst for them.
Chelsea were not in a strong negotiating position by any stretch of the imagination. They'd just been knocked back by Ipswich.

Imo it looks like we've negotiated well; much to win and very little to lose here.

Hmmmmm reeks of a panic buy. Injured, gets injured a fair bit and the last time he done anything of any use was about 2-3 years ago for Southampton.

When he played at Goodison last season, Branthwaite bullied his very soul out of him and he didn't fancy it at all.

Has it come out why his move to Ipswich fell through yet?

They agreed a deal initially with obligation to buy.

Ornstein says Ipswich revisited with two offers on deadline day but were turned down.

Given we're not paying his wage for a while, and theres no obligation - what offers from Ipswich could have been turned down?

Assume loan fee but then we're not going to have paid much.

Sounds weird to me, maybe Broja was tipped off of Everton and just said no to Ipswich yesterday? "contributed to ITFC move collapsing"

It’s nice and easy to write players off and it seems to always be me extreme or the other… crap or baller.

He looked great at Southampton and then suffered some bad injuries, then not getting into a Chelsea madhouse team isn’t something to write him off.

Hopefully a good number of games, get his fitness up and he can show what he can do
Yeah totally

Has it come out why his move to Ipswich fell through yet?

They agreed a deal initially with obligation to buy.

Ornstein says Ipswich revisited with two offers on deadline day but were turned down.

Given we're not paying his wage for a while, and theres no obligation - what offers from Ipswich could have been turned down?

Assume loan fee but then we're not going to have paid much.

Sounds weird to me, maybe Broja was tipped off of Everton and just said no to Ipswich yesterday? "contributed to ITFC move collapsing"

Sounds to me like a failed medical at Ipswoch and we've just took a punt hoping he does get fit enough to play at some point

Hmmmmm reeks of a panic buy. Injured, gets injured a fair bit and the last time he done anything of any use was about 2-3 years ago for Southampton.

When he played at Goodison last season, Branthwaite bullied his very soul out of him and he didn't fancy it at all.

Don't think it was a panic. He's clearly been on a list since Lampard was here and it just got down the list and availability.

If it was a case of not needing him I think him and Dyche wouldve just said no and moved on.

Not impressed with Broja himself but it's another option.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back