Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Its not extreme to say hes looked bang average for the last couple of years having once shown a little bit of talent and is an underwhelming attempt at solving our lack of a goalscorer.

Never know. Could've been wage cover, loan fee, if Washington had been sold...

Lots of factors. Don't think we stumped Ipswich. Personally think we swooped in on the back of their deal wobbling.
Had a look on a Chelsea forum, they seem to think he wanted reassurance on his wages and if Ipswich relegated.
Moved the goalposts on them as the deal was getting done and wouldn't sign for them, supposed to be the reason for it collapsing not the medical , they seem to think that injury will not be to long either to mend.
wonder if he had heard of are intrested and was trying to play them?
Can't see a problem with the deal from are prospective.
Adds to the numbers , covers for DLC if he goes or wilts under the pressure,couple of bad games or a few more half arsed performance from him the crowd will be all over him
He is very fast , can play a few roles up top , going to get behind him and hope he comes good

Could just have been desperation on their part

They still have about a dozen players they planned to move on but couldn't. Any savings over the season help when your squad is that big.

Yeah. Still surprised though Chelsea were turning down repeated bids from Ipswich on deadline day, yet accepted ours.

Ours seems very modest.

Maybe we're paying all his wages from October and Ipswich wouldn't.

Or maybe he just didn't fancy Ipswich.

Weird though to go from happy for obligation to buy for £30m if stay up, to no obligation an no wage covered while injured.

My view:

Happy to loan with obligation on slim chance they stay up (which is worth more than £30m alone), then they did medical, saw his knees and foot, and were like "hmm is he really gonna help us stay up? Let's try change the deal". Then they wanted obligation either reducing or changing to option. Just kinda fell on its arse then.

My view:

Happy to loan with obligation on slim chance they stay up (which is worth more than £30m alone), then they did medical, saw his knees and foot, and were like "hmm is he really gonna help us stay up? Let's try change the deal". Then they wanted obligation either reducing or changing to option. Just kinda fell on its arse then.

Yeah that's it, but what was Everton's offer that Ipswich wasn't matching yesterday?

I figure it can only be wages, player preference or there's a gentleman's agreement somewhere.

Think they are planning ahead if DCL goes, Broja has played out wide and off the main striker before so gives us a few more options.

Yeah wouldn't shock me if we started ringing up Saudi clubs about DCL tbh, if he's still here in January can also see us taking a very reduced fee to get something back on him too.

Not a player i would have wanted at the start of the day but well was him or nothing at the end. Can play out wide or in the center and hopefully the club still has plans for the jan window.

I'm so vaultable on this lad mate 😂, really hope he lives up to his early promise and proves me completely wrong.

….yep, his recent form is ordinary and his injury record is dreadful but it’s low risk, he certainly has something to prove so it might just be a matter of ‘right time, right place’.

We all like a new signing, so fingers crossed.

Yeah. Still surprised though Chelsea were turning down repeated bids from Ipswich on deadline day, yet accepted ours.

Ours seems very modest.

Maybe we're paying all his wages from October and Ipswich wouldn't.

Or maybe he just didn't fancy Ipswich.

….you don’t know what goes on, maybe even first refusal on Branthwaite next summer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back