Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

I don't see what Thelwell sees in him. But if the loan fee is low and minimal that's alright. It's now in Brojas court to prove he's a 30 Mill striker. If not he goes back.

On face of it, this looks disappointing, but again, if the player can step up and add goals or out score DCL or even give us an option playing inside right it's potentially another option from the bench.

Weird though to go from happy for obligation to buy for £30m if stay up, to no obligation an no wage covered while injured.

True.

But you'll have to put faith in Thelwell to hope we've moved away from getting players in we don't need just for cover considering our finances. The lad is on £100k a week

Had a look on a Chelsea forum, they seem to think he wanted reassurance on his wages and if Ipswich relegated.
Moved the goalposts on them as the deal was getting done and wouldn't sign for them, supposed to be the reason for it collapsing not the medical , they seem to think that injury will not be to long either to mend.
wonder if he had heard of are intrested and was trying to play them?
Can't see a problem with the deal from are prospective.
Adds to the numbers , covers for DLC if he goes or wilts under the pressure,couple of bad games or a few more half arsed performance from him the crowd will be all over him
He is very fast , can play a few roles up top , going to get behind him and hope he comes good

Makes sense. Bit of an expense to fork out £30mill on the back of being relegated.

I suspect Ipswich tried to change the deal after the medical. Maybe a reduced price to buy.

They did mate, but had a few bids rejected up until yesterday.

Considering we have no obligation to buy, just seems strange to me.

If it was just wage %, well - we're not paying any until he's fit and you'd think if Ipswich were making repeated bids until late last night, and were happy to pay £30m if they stayed up recently that they'd match his wages/our offer.

He needs to be loved. He is deceptively quick and if he gets a run of games he will do well
He isn’t a top 4 forward but at set pieces he has been well coached and will cause both a goal threat and cause a bit of confusion for say the CDs
Ipswich agreed a deal which would have gone through had they been able to agree a deal with him ironically had they stayed up those relegation clauses wouldn’t have been an issue had they not stayed up this season them almost certainly had they gone down the option wouldn’t have been an issue as they wouldn’t have signed him.The issue was post 25/26 relegation clauses
Discussions almost certainly will carry on if he does well and whilst there doesn’t appear to be a option or obligation to buy he could sign a permanent deal at any time due to the fact he is already registered with you
Goodluck to him

If it was just wage %, well - we're not paying any until he's fit and you'd think if Ipswich were making repeated bids until late last night, and were happy to pay £30m if they stayed up recently that they'd match his wages/our offer.
Was their deal £30m if they stayed in the league?

It couldve stalled if they wanted to reduce that fee.

A Chelsea fan I know seems to think Ipswich and Broja couldn't agree terms.

Have you got any theories to why we might have got it over the line an Ipswich didn't.

….yep, his recent form is ordinary and his injury record is dreadful but it’s low risk, he certainly has something to prove so it might just be a matter of ‘right time, right place’.

We all like a new signing, so fingers crossed.
I think the concept of "right time right place" is very real. I will be judging him purely on how he does for Everton.
Many originally lifted an eyebrow when we signed Super Kev Campbell. He had been outstanding as a youngster for Arsenal, but then three seasons (including a relegation) at Forest and a disasterous spell in Turkey had a lot of people doubting the wisdom of signing him at the time. (though few would admit it now)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back