Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

I also think he's been brought in with one eye on Dom leaving in Jan.

If Dom moves for cash we've got someone to slot right in,whether people think he's a worthy replacement is another story,but there isn't as much pressure on us to bring in another forward straight away.

There would be zero pressure to bring in another forward once both Chermiti and Broja get themselves fit. Throw in Beto and DCL could definitely be moved on if any of those three is showing good form especially so.

I also think he's been brought in with one eye on Dom leaving in Jan.

If Dom moves for cash we've got someone to slot right in,whether people think he's a worthy replacement is another story,but there isn't as much pressure on us to bring in another forward straight away.

Think O'Brien has been brought in similarly, it safeguards us a lot of someone decides to throw silly money at us in January

Last big chance for Broja, injuries aside if he can re-discover the urgency he briefly had at Saints then it'll a great signing.

Otherwise it's the not so famous Turkish clubs in for him next season.

Sounds like the club (for once) have done a good deal.

There would be zero pressure to bring in another forward once both Chermiti and Broja get themselves fit. Throw in Beto and DCL could definitely be moved on if any of those three is showing good form especially so.
At the very least he's solid option off the bench,but more importantly his profile is more suited to the system we play than Maupay ever was,so it's more of a square peg in a square hole with Broja.

Obviously people have got their reservations about his ability, which is fine but if the stars aligned hopefully it will bare a bit more fruit.

Every signing is a gamble at the end of the day.

Got to say I like the stubbornness of Thelwell when he sets his sights on a younger player, may take him a whilst for the situation to work out allowing the player to be finally brought in, but it shows someone who believes in his judgement long term

Think there are obviously percentiles the lad has we need, hes also very good on the counter and ball at feet. Ive mentioned before he reminds me of Arnoutovic, his ability you cant coach being consistent and impactful you can.

I see talent there with him.

Its a low risk situation and a very good deal, we take him for a test drive and the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't work out and hes not on our list in 12 months. PSR wise we've a 30 mill valued striker/inside forward for next to nothing. Its a no brainer really.

Although i half suspect we've given Chelsea dibs on Branthwaite.

Id be fuming if i was Ipswich this morning.

I wasn't comparing them as players, I was just pointing out that many people were not enamoured by that signing at the time.
Yeah i remember a lot of people being underwhelmed by Kevins signing at the time but the point i was making was at least he had proven capable of scoring goals so the fact he found Everton to be the right place right time was understandable. What has broja got to rediscover here? Hes never looked particularly good or prolific anywhere as yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.