Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Yup atm he's at the crossroads as a player, 23 in a few days - so ageing out of that young prospect group and into WYSIWYG, doesn't kick on this year then can probably say it's very unlikely he will do.

Hope is the lad has a bit of fire inside him as he's gone from a player everyone raved about to one a lot criticise now, does he have the desire to go with the obvious ability...

Was thinking about this last night when so many seemed down on the deal, he's the same age as "young prospect who needs games" Nathan Patterson who many would kamikaze for on here.

Not particularly enamoured by this at all, gotta say. Never really rated the guy.

Hoping Thelwell has a plan for him. He's been wanting him at the club for ages based on the sheer amount of times that we've been linked..

I think Broja is as good as we could have expected. We don’t have the money to compete with anyone in the Premier League, we have nobody to sell, or at least nobody to sell that anyone is willing to pay for, and we are a basket case of a club in terms of our overall organisation and week to week management. Broja is a gamble, he is out for weeks and even if we can get him fit he isn’t a guaranteed success. However I don’t think we had much of a choice, we have DCL who struggles to score and doesn’t want to be here, we have Beto who it appears Dyche doesn’t rate and Chermiti who is untried so we needed to do something and this was as good as it gets for us now. I sincerely hope we have pulled off a master stroke and he gets fit and starts banging in goals.
Personally the reason I think he won’t be a great success at Everton is the reason DCL isn’t scoring and that is the style of play we adopt under Sean Dyche, we don’t give enough support to the forwards, our in our case the forward. We can argue if it is right or wrong to push men further up the field and maybe suffer at the back but personally I think that if you play a game you should be trying to win.
If I was a goal scoring forward and I had choice of teams looking for me I probably wouldn’t choose Everton under Sean Dyche.

I think Broja is as good as we could have expected. We don’t have the money to compete with anyone in the Premier League, we have nobody to sell, or at least nobody to sell that anyone is willing to pay for, and we are a basket case of a club in terms of our overall organisation and week to week management. Broja is a gamble, he is out for weeks and even if we can get him fit he isn’t a guaranteed success. However I don’t think we had much of a choice, we have DCL who struggles to score and doesn’t want to be here, we have Beto who it appears Dyche doesn’t rate and Chermiti who is untried so we needed to do something and this was as good as it gets for us now. I sincerely hope we have pulled off a master stroke and he gets fit and starts banging in goals.
Personally the reason I think he won’t be a great success at Everton is the reason DCL isn’t scoring and that is the style of play we adopt under Sean Dyche, we don’t give enough support to the forwards, our in our case the forward. We can argue if it is right or wrong to push men further up the field and maybe suffer at the back but personally I think that if you play a game you should be trying to win.
If I was a goal scoring forward and I had choice of teams looking for me I probably wouldn’t choose Everton under Sean Dyche.

I'm not sure if Dyche lasts much longer mate though either

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back