Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Panic buy ? Ya gotta be joking ?

We have been linked for 3 years nearly and tried before to get him (lampard wanted him )

Opportunistic buy, which frankly can describe pretty much all our transfers this year.

In our current state we actually are looking at players we wanted but couldn't afford who moved elsewhere and have a down season at the new club.

Not the worst strategy when you're broke and trying to maximise what you get for what you spend

Doesn't look like a lad who gets dejected at missing either. Just resets and gets back on with it. You'll see plenty of shots getting fired off.

Albanians are mentality monsters.

The other thing he enables is the ability to to try and shift DCL in January, if we can get anything for him and he leaves - we still have three forwards.

Could work for us this financially.

Opportunistic buy, which frankly can describe pretty much all our transfers this year.

In our current state we actually are looking at players we wanted but couldn't afford who moved elsewhere and have a down season at the new club.

Not the worst strategy when you're broke and trying to maximise what you get for what you spend

Opportunistic is a much better word

Where did I say we bought him, the start mentions the loan.
You used the word 'buy' twice like. Other than what I originally quoted..

It's a panic buy let's be honest.

Either way - as much as I've never particularly rated the fella myself, the terms of the deal doesn't suggest 'panic' at all really, particularly when you also consider that Thelwell has clearly wanted him at the club for a while now.

That being the case, I'm not really too arsed about this at all.

Ok you little muppet. panic loan signing. Is that better for you?

A little bit yeah, it's alright if you don't rate the signing, like. He hasn't really kicked on since that Southampton loan and has had a lot of injuries. I just wouldn't use the word panic when it's someone we've been after for a while, also he's out until October, so it's not like we were scrambling to stick someone new in the team today.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back