Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Has it come out why his move to Ipswich fell through yet?

They agreed a deal initially with obligation to buy.

Ornstein says Ipswich revisited with two offers on deadline day but were turned down.

Given we're not paying his wage for a while, and theres no obligation - what offers from Ipswich could have been turned down?

Assume loan fee but then we're not going to have paid much.

Sounds weird to me, maybe Broja was tipped off of Everton and just said no to Ipswich yesterday? "contributed to ITFC move collapsing"

Never know. Could've been wage cover, loan fee, if Washington had been sold...

Lots of factors. Don't think we stumped Ipswich. Personally think we swooped in on the back of their deal wobbling.

We have another option upfront with Broja and with him costing just a loan fee and no wages paid till his fit is okay.

Also an option rather than an obligation so it’s a decent deal for us.

Having here is better than not and I’ll take him over that rat Maupay

Hes just another body. We already have injury prone strikers who are average and dont score so dont really see the point. Hes another option? Yeah another option who isnt much good.

Has it come out why his move to Ipswich fell through yet?

They agreed a deal initially with obligation to buy.

Ornstein says Ipswich revisited with two offers on deadline day but were turned down.

Given we're not paying his wage for a while, and theres no obligation - what offers from Ipswich could have been turned down?

Assume loan fee but then we're not going to have paid much.

Sounds weird to me, maybe Broja was tipped off of Everton and just said no to Ipswich yesterday? "contributed to ITFC move collapsing"

I think he's probably known of our interest,we just haven't shown our hand till yesterday...all very last minute dot com as per usual.

For a club on its arse with absolutely nothing else to spend, it's a no-brainer. Let's hope he can get fit. Goes without saying he won't be joining permanently at the end of the season.

Hmmmmm reeks of a panic buy. Injured, gets injured a fair bit and the last time he done anything of any use was about 2-3 years ago for Southampton.

When he played at Goodison last season, Branthwaite bullied his very soul out of him and he didn't fancy it at all.
To be fair Macc,Branthwaite bullied almost everyone bar Haaland last season.

Also coming up against him & Tarks in training every day will make him a better footballer.

Just my extremely humble opinion.

Never know. Could've been wage cover, loan fee, if Washington had been sold...

Lots of factors. Don't think we stumped Ipswich. Personally think we swooped in on the back of their deal wobbling.

Weird though to go from happy for obligation to buy for £30m if stay up, to no obligation an no wage covered while injured.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back