Arsenal away FA Cup tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan78

Player Valuation: £5m
MP Andy Burnham has intervened in the Everton -Arsenal FA Cup draw ticketing row.

Merseyside-born Mr Burnham has written to FA chairman Greg Dyke demanding urgent action to ensure that the city club is given a fair number of seats in accordance with the Association's rules.

In the letter to Mr Dyke, obtained by the ECHO, Mr Burnham urges on the FA to "stand up for Everton" in the face of Arsenal's decision to dramatically reduce the allocation for the quarter final tie.

The Blues have been given just 5,186 tickets for the upcoming sixth round draw, despite the Emirates stadium holding around 60,000 people.

FA Cup rules state that up to 15% of available seats should go to the away team.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/andy-burnham-urges-greg-dyke-6745223

MP Andy Burnham has intervened in the Everton -Arsenal FA Cup draw ticketing row.

Merseyside-born Mr Burnham has written to FA chairman Greg Dyke demanding urgent action to ensure that the city club is given a fair number of seats in accordance with the Association's rules.

In the letter to Mr Dyke, obtained by the ECHO, Mr Burnham urges on the FA to "stand up for Everton" in the face of Arsenal's decision to dramatically reduce the allocation for the quarter final tie.

The Blues have been given just 5,186 tickets for the upcoming sixth round draw, despite the Emirates stadium holding around 60,000 people.

FA Cup rules state that up to 15% of available seats should go to the away team.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/andy-burnham-urges-greg-dyke-6745223
Too late. I think they've already started selling tickets for it. Well they should have started anyway

Too late. I think they've already started selling tickets for it. Well they should have started anyway

Aye, too late now but fair play to him. Hopefully highlights the ridiculousness of such a reduction in allocation and maybe brings about a change in clubs like Arsenal being able to do this. Or maybe I'm just being naive...

Still no chance of allocation being increased.

Nice touch by him though - obviously hasnt got any away credits on his season ticket!

Am I being overly cynicle or is this coming a little bit late but wanting to show some sort of vote winning look at me I tried for you excersize. Surely if he hoped to achieve anything the letter would have been written over a week ago ?

Arsenal should reduce the number of tickets for the home fans - why should the away fans suffer. If they do not - then their should be 4000 empty seats if we do not get our full allocation. Why should the home team get our allocation.

My ticket actually arrived at my house for this today so It is unlikely that there will be a change in the amount of tickets...

As usual the FA will do absolutely nothing and we'll get in a tit for tat situation from all the teams who have been affected and the fans will suffer.

As usual the FA will do absolutely nothing and we'll get in a tit for tat situation from all the teams who have been affected and the fans will suffer.

Yep, I'll be complaining to Everton if we give Arsenal their full allocation for our game against them in April. Lower Bullens only, it should be. Hope Spurs and Liverpool do the same.

Am I being overly cynicle or is this coming a little bit late but wanting to show some sort of vote winning look at me I tried for you excersize. Surely if he hoped to achieve anything the letter would have been written over a week ago ?

Hardly like he needs the votes with a majority of 12,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back