Arsenal Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Speculation is mounting that Everton boss David Moyes could be set to make a raid on the capitol this summer with bids for Arsenal duo Jeremie Aliadiere and Mathieu Flamini.

Moyes is believed to be keen on strengthening his squad and see's the talented youngsters as ideal signings to help push the club to the next level. Everton are currently involved in a race for the UEFA Cup and should they be successful then Moyes will make signing the French duo a priority.

2 signings i would be happy with :biggrin:

I would think Nugent would have taken prioroity over these two, are we actually going to bid for him?

Didn't you see Aliadiare at Goodison this season? I did and can safely say he's [Poor language removed]! He'd be a definate step back! Flamini well who knows, he might be a squad addition but nothing more. Can he break a midfield of Carsley, Fernandes, Arteta, Cahill? I doubt it.

cant see either being allowed to leave, le arse arent allowed to spend massive at the moment so capable players that they know perform are unlikely to be allowed to leave.

i wonder if they might start sniffing around our super CB pairing, they have been in contact with yobo before, so its not beyond the realm of possibility.

Flamini would be good, especially with both Carsley and Neville getting on and neither ideally suited for European football. A central midfield of Flamini and Fernandes would be very nice. Alliadiere is a reasonable player but we don't need another striker imo.

I think almost any player coming from Arsenal would be a good move, wenger knows a good player and so if they play regulary for arsenal then they must be good.

btw Bruce - Neville isn't suited to European football? some of his better performances were for utd in the CL.

I have no desire for us to sign either player, certainly not Alliadiere who has been leant to anyone who will have him and no one has. IMO this story has been leaked by the gooners who actually covert AJ, they can go and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and all the way at that.:angry: :angry:

He's a solid player but not very good technically, certainly if you compare him to similar players such as Makalele, Carrick etc. He's been a super signing for his mentality and versatility but I think if we're to break into the top 4 we need a bit more quality in there.

No to both! Flamini is another Neville and i am more than happy with one utility man who can do a job in many positions but whos never going to win player oof the year. Besides he says he wants to leave arsenal for first team football i think hed struggle o get into our team. No to Aldeirre as well has been on loan to celtic and west ham and never got near the first team, came out in the papers and critiicised both strachan and pardew at the time. i think hes a big time charlie with no substance to back it up. A player whoo for me never has really proved he is of premeirship quality despite fancy dan skils!

No to both! Flamini is another Neville and i am more than happy with one utility man who can do a job in many positions but whos never going to win player oof the year. Besides he says he wants to leave arsenal for first team football i think hed struggle o get into our team. No to Aldeirre as well has been on loan to celtic and west ham and never got near the first team, came out in the papers and critiicised both strachan and pardew at the time. i think hes a big time charlie with no substance to back it up. A player whoo for me never has really proved he is of premeirship quality despite fancy dan skils!

(y) (y) :P

Very surprised at the negative response of Aliadiere. Everytime I have seen glimpses of him he's looked excellent. Didnt play to well against us, but every other game in the Carling cup he was fantastic.

Very surprised at the negative response of Aliadiere. Everytime I have seen glimpses of him he's looked excellent. Didnt play to well against us, but every other game in the Carling cup he was fantastic.

Older and more experienced than Vic and Vaughan, but I'd rate both of them ahead of him already, certainly in terms of finishing. So what would be the point? (In fact, I'm not even sure he'd be that much of an upgrade on Faddy.)

I think you'll find he was out on loan most of the time Danny and wasn't wanted by anyone;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back