Arsenal Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliadiere??? I thought we would start to go forward and think about strenghtening the squad, not weakening it!
He can miss 10 sitters out of 7!
Flamini I can still understand but I´d rather go after Nugent any day.

Last edited:
Danny, for [Poor language removed] sake, if Baptista can score four at Anfield in the Carling Cup it's hardly a worth competition is it? he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Aliadiare, amazingly, is even worse!
Shocking that with Nugent, McCarthy, et. al out there we'd be going for this french numpty.
No, no, NO!

Fernandes or Aimar!

We need to take a bold step even if the price is a bit steep!
We need someone to cover arteta if he's injured!
Look at how many assist and goals he had these season, take him out from the side and we are not much better than... Blackburn?

Fernandes or Aimar!

We need to take a bold step even if the price is a bit steep!
We need someone to cover arteta if he's injured!
Look at how many assist and goals he had these season, take him out from the side and we are not much better than... Blackburn?

How about both? ;)

How about both? ;)

And our lineup looks like this... very attack minded team!

Johnson - Nugent
Arteta - Aimar - VDM
Fernandes
Neville - Lescott - Yobo - Hibbert
Howard​

Subs:
Cahill
Carsley
Vaughan
Stubbs
Turner

Sold or release :
Naysmith
BT
Faddy
Pistone
Wright

Last edited:
There seems to be an interesting trend, tactically speaking in the PL at the moment, one that Moyes seems to be adopting.

Teams are playing with 4-4-2. The two central midfielders are relatively defensive minded players. The two wide men don't generally stay wide but attack by drifting inside. The width is then provided by the full backs bombing forward.

Arsenal play this way, as do Liverpool and Chelsea. Even Man Utd use it to an extent as Ronaldo drifts inside a lot and they often play Rooney on the left who obviously drifts inside too.

As for us, neither Osman or Arteta are natural wide men so love to drift inside as well. A central midfield of Carsley and Fernandes has the mix of holding and passing sewn up. Osman doesn't convince and neither really do the full backs in an attacking sense. Lescott clearly is a centre back so isn't at his best attacking from left back. Valente offers more in that sense but seems to suffer from real fitness problems. On the other flank the attacking woes of Hibbert are well documented. Neville is better going forward but still not a natural. Justin Hoyte is a player I'd like to see at the club and must be possible as it seems Eboue has the right back birth sewn up at Arsenal.

Maybe this is just me but I would love to see young roseniour come to the club and learn his trade again. He contained AJ for long periods of time when we played fulham, he has pace, a good head, he just needs to be primed on his final ball. great wing player.
Flamini could be a good squad player, but what does he offer that McFadden cant. no real improvement there, Alliadiere. nah(nuff said there, he is [Poor language removed])
Nugent, definitely a must and replacement for BT. (sorry bud, defended you too many times to continue embarrassing myself)
I have heard that manny is near enough done and dusted and will be staying with us. Time to start building up our youth players. we got a couple of young guns in the reserves and our under 15's have a couple of future superstar in the making.

The futures bright, the futures toffee.

Danny, for [Poor language removed] sake, if Baptista can score four at Anfield in the Carling Cup it's hardly a worth competition is it? he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Aliadiare, amazingly, is even worse!
Shocking that with Nugent, McCarthy, et. al out there we'd be going for this french numpty.
No, no, NO!

haha, point taken. I've just always rated the lad, dont know what it is, I just like his direct approach. He gets the ball and just goes for goal, inspires confidence into a side.

But maybe I need to update my opinions, as rightly mentioned in this thread, we have Vic and Vaughan...

Just a quick note of caution on Vic and Vaughan. I watched the video of our derby victory a few years ago when Cadamarteri scored his wonderful goal. He looked for all money like he'd be a regular for years.

Just a quick note of caution on Vic and Vaughan. I watched the video of our derby victory a few years ago when Cadamarteri scored his wonderful goal. He looked for all money like he'd be a regular for years.

That is a thought I've had as well Bruce but the present regime is a different one to HK in his pissed period. I suspect that DM will keep them on the straight and narrow, Danny was up to all sorts including smacking women and doing naughties

I agree with monty. I feel Moyes has a tighter grip on reality than Kendal when he was wasted. If vaughan was going to slip up I felt he would have done it when sitting around injured for 16 months. Boredom can make you weak, he seems strong enough to overcome that. I think the lads will be OK. also, cadamateri was a bit of a loner within the club, vic and vaughan share the same brain and I honestly believe will help each other stay focused, they are great mates.

The things is that Moyes has them playing for the shirt. I believe we are just starting to see the fruition of his 'five year plan'. We have a lot of young, hungry players coming through and something we have not had for a while - competition for places in nearly all areas of the pitch. Most importantly, they have pride and and understanding of what it means to wear that blue shirt. See Pip Neville's comments, the club is intoxicating like a big bag of intoxicating things.

Beattie will go in the summer I think, shame as I would have liked to see him work out - he had the potential to be a perfect foil for Johnson. I spent some time working with him last summer and he was made up to get the number nine shirt. Alas footie is as much a business as a sport and if youre not doing the job youre paid for then you will get replaced. I would hold fire on spending big money on replacing Beattie now though, Vaughan and Anichebe are coming along faster than what I thought.

The things is that Moyes has them playing for the shirt. I believe we are just starting to see the fruition of his 'five year plan'. We have a lot of young, hungry players coming through and something we have not had for a while - competition for places in nearly all areas of the pitch. Most importantly, they have pride and and understanding of what it means to wear that blue shirt. See Pip Neville's comments, the club is intoxicating like a big bag of intoxicating things.

Beattie will go in the summer I think, shame as I would have liked to see him work out - he had the potential to be a perfect foil for Johnson. I spent some time working with him last summer and he was made up to get the number nine shirt. Alas footie is as much a business as a sport and if youre not doing the job youre paid for then you will get replaced. I would hold fire on spending big money on replacing Beattie now though, Vaughan and Anichebe are coming along faster than what I thought.

I wanted them playing from the start of the season because I had no faith whatsoever in BT. That said BT is a nice lad, he congratulates his team mates when he is used as a last minute sub, always jumps around on the bench when we score, has an honest affection for the club, pity he has got the main bits to go with it.

A little known fact about BT was last summer when he got married, he asked all the guests to his wedding to make financial contributions to a kids charity rather than buy presents, his theory was that he had enough already, proves his heart is in the right place.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back