Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as I understand it, It’s not even about preserving attendance at top flight matches. It’s mainly for the benefit of attendances lower down the pyramid, as you mention.

But the traditional Saturday 3pm kickoff has been so bent of shape, and continues to get worse with every new PL TV deal, that we’re getting to a point where pretty much every match will be available to be televised in the UK, anyway.
You only need to listen to their (broadcasters) desire to move towards 8pm Sunday games, which would be awful for supporters, to know they're not concerned.

The FA are even happy to play FA Cup games at ridiculous times (how many third round kicked off at 3pm?) for the sole benefit of foreign betting markets.

The days of the Saturday 3pm is being demolished at the top tiers of the game, but the blackout does at least to some extent protect the lower leagues.

I reckon we’ll see a different Everton today as some have already pointed out. Frank will see this as the first game where he doesn’t have to worry about being beat and just go for it. We could end up finishing 15th as well, which isn’t anything to be proud of in the grand scheme of things, but it’s 3 places higher than the dresses 18th and a few mil more in the bank.

Danny Cadamarteri scores Everton’s first goal in their 2-0 win against Arsenal. This match was played at Goodison Park on the 18th November 2000.

I dunno man, Sky cant be hanging on for much longer, loads and loads are moving to *cough*, other services, sure there are other people able to step in, but I know its cool to hate on Sky, but without them we do not have the best League in the world.
I think Sky and the like will eventually be shafted.

The end game here is the Premier League selling their service direct to fans, worldwide.

One subscription service available globally, showing all games, with no middle men to share the profits. The Premier League will be just fine, and the service will cost UK fans less than Sky + BT + Prime.

Sky, as profit-creaming middlemen, are done. HBO is going to launch in the UK when their current deal with Sky expires, and that will eliminate almost all of their non-sport content that people want to watch, too.

Wonder if Richy n DCL will start today ?, If their sales are key to our summer transfer budget then I'm guessing they're playing bit parts today ?

Need Dele to start. Hearing calls for Donny to start as well but I don't see the point if he's heading back to United. Got a good feeling about this one. No pressure. Players should go out and express themselves. Get it over and done with and think about the rebuild in the summer.

▶️ OUT IN THE SUMMER (HOPEFULLY)

Gomes
S*g****s*n
El Ghazi
Donny
Holgate (arguably could stay as a squad player but isn't good enough)
Kenny
Tosun
Lonergan
Davies
Allan (only because I think he wants to go)
Delph (wouldn't mind keeping him but don't think he's worth it with his injury record)
Rondon

I think Sky and the like will eventually be shafted.

The end game here is the Premier League selling their service direct to fans, worldwide.

One subscription service available globally, showing all games, with no middle men to share the profits. The Premier League will be just fine, and the service will cost UK fans less than Sky + BT + Prime.

Sky, as profit-creaming middlemen, are done. HBO is going to launch in the UK when their current deal with Sky expires, and that will eliminate almost all of their non-sport content that people want to watch, too.
Was a bit disappointed in Prime this season TBH. The platform is awesome. Just hoping that FB or Twatter don't get involved. It'll turn into a US franchise before you know it.

Next season someone put a webcam up in the rafters providing the WiFi is.fixed at the ground we'll be laughing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.