Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting on the managers back yet. But he's hardly done anything. He basically got all the players back from injury, made 3 signings and kept us in the position we were already in when he took over.

We look crap against Arsenal here who also are playing for nothing as spurs were already 2 nil up at the time we conceded first and they knew that. I'm struggling to see how lampard turns this around next season because it's the worst Everton side I've seen for years and he's going to want to play us in a less effective style for sure
You’re totally ignoring a lot of relevant facts there mate.

19 points in 18 league games, I make it. That’s 40 points extrapolated across a full season. One more than we gained this year.

I’d temper those expectations, friend.

But this just assumes that everybody gets mind wiped and forgets all the toxicity, division and paranoia of the Benitez era. It's not that simple.

I'm not getting on the managers back yet. But he's hardly done anything. He basically got all the players back from injury, made 3 signings and kept us in the position we were already in when he took over.

We look crap against Arsenal here who also are playing for nothing as spurs were already 2 nil up at the time we conceded first and they knew that. I'm struggling to see how lampard turns this around next season because it's the worst Everton side I've seen for years and he's going to want to play us in a less effective style for sure
Not true.

And this 11 is nowhere near our best 11 so to make any judgements about them today when we have nothing to play for is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.