Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy definitely knows the fans don't particularly like him - and obvious in his celebration is that he didn't want to acknowledge us.
Weird. I'm convinced that players read & know how the fans feel about them from Social Media and maybe even GOT

Of course they do, their egos are huge, of course they’ll read the one place they know is guaranteed to be discussing them.

If you’re reading this Ash, you’ve been a disgrace all season and could have thrown away last night with your brain dead lunge to give a pen away.

The thing is, like everyone else, he would look better in a better organised team. He would look better if Gana and Schneiderlin in particular, didn't leave him exposed, if the defence was organised, if Baines and Jags were like they were in 2010-13, if Coleman was in and in form. So many reasons.
He looked excellent in the Wales team because it was a super organised, highly motivated, passionate team which was working well. In our team, he looks more like a liability because he's exposed, and a sort of Jagielka of old, a Ferdinand, Cannavaro type of player who can make last ditch tackles, pass well and have some speed, would do better

He tried his best to give the opposition a goal like he does every game but got lucky that Pickford saved it. He did alright other than moment but tackles and decisions like that will cost us goals/points!

hope he does read it, absolute hate his guts

he's a disgrace

could score the winner in the derby and I'd still hate him

You hate him? What a strange thing to say. He’s out of form and bereft of confidence. Similar to almost half the squad I suggest.

He’s shown some bottle and morale courage by sticking at it. Sure, he was shaky last night, but he came up with a goal and his reckless tackle apart, he did alright.

You hate him? What a strange thing to say. He’s out of form and bereft of confidence. Similar to almost half the squad I suggest.

He’s shown some bottle and morale courage by sticking at it. Sure, he was shaky last night, but he came up with a goal and his reckless tackle apart, he did alright.

Have to agree I think hating him is a bit over the top.

I am a frequent Ash critic and he drives me to despair with some of his play. But I'd be utterly delighted if we got some consistent form from him and he cut out the Titus Bramble moments. Part of that is do with partnerships (many blamed Williams for Keane's poor form, but that might not be quite the case) and the correct system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back