Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just needs a rest imo. He's about 35 and has come off the back of a full international tournament followed by 3 games a week before going back to play for Wales. He's too old to be doing all that. I can't recall him having a sustained period of time out either since he moved to swansea years and years ago.

If he retires from Wales and with us out of Europe I think he'll become less of a liability. I think knowing he'll never play in a world cup is bound to have an effect too.
Probably needs to retire full stop tbf

he was alrite overall yesterday, still absolutely [Poor language removed] though and has pickford to thank for bailing him out

nearly had some beef with some absolute wool behind me yesterday when I said Williams is [Poor language removed] when he gave away the pen, propa tapped my shoulder and went HOLGATE WHO GIVE THAT AWAY MERTTTT

little blurt

EFC

Probably needs to retire full stop tbf

yeah probably. But i'm going to give him one chance to prove that he'd be okay if he was just a backup having to play once or twice a month instead of 6 or 7. Jags doesn't have any international commitments anymore and is just as bad and imo we can't let both go in the summer. Has to be one and then keep either as a bit of experience as 4th/5th choice CB.

yeah probably. But i'm going to give him one chance to prove that he'd be okay if he was just a backup having to play once or twice a month instead of 6 or 7. Jags doesn't have any international commitments anymore and is just as bad and imo we can't let both go in the summer. Has to be one and then keep either as a bit of experience as 4th/5th choice CB.
We can let both go, they're crap and if we have any ambitions above fighting relegation hen we need 2 or 3 new cbs coming in to move these donkeys along

Yes, I admit, at times he’s been found wanting and by his own admission, he’s just an old style ‘get stuck in’ type Centre half.

However, his concentration levels and hence his anticipation to enable him to make some important interceptions over the last three games, have improved exponentially.

And, of course, his well taken goal was easy on the eye and a relief to us all.

You may not like him, but you have to be fair.
I don’t dislike him, I just think he is rash and loses concentration.

This guy definitely knows the fans don't particularly like him - and obvious in his celebration is that he didn't want to acknowledge us.
Weird. I'm convinced that players read & know how the fans feel about them from Social Media and maybe even GOT

He's not 35. He's not about 35. He just turned 33 in August. That should be MORE of a reason to show up in shape and to be more composed.

I loved when we signed him and thought he was a great, cheap replacement for John Stones who I thought was a great sell for 50M. But he's fallen off a cliff.

He's the same player as he was against Southampton. Charlie Austin killed this D and so will any target player that's decent in the air. Thank heavens Carroll didn't play.

Let's see how he handles Mounie on Saturday. Mounie isn't great, but since Keane got injured, we've struggled against target guys.

He was better than we are giving him credit for last night. Yes, the peno was daft but other wise, he was good.

Yeah, aside from single-handedly gifting the opposition a great chance to score for the 18th consecutive game, he was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back