Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Sport Garth Crook's Team of the Week 3 December 2017 Ashley Williams

What a difference a manager can make. The arrival of Sam Allardyce at Goodison Park seems to have made all the difference. Everton look unrecognisable from the side I saw get destroyed at Southampton. Against West Ham in midweek they looked lively, and during Saturday's game against Huddersfield their back four looked as solid as I have seen them for some time.

At the heart of both performances was Ashley Williams. I have always liked Williams' approach to the game, and I was interested to hear him say in his post-match interview that the dressing room is now a much happier place. I should think it is: six points, two clean sheets and six goals in two games is title-winning football. But the question is, where do Everton go from here?

They may have a new manager who will almost certainly keep them in the Premier League but what is the long-term future for the club? Are they intent of hovering in mid-table or do the owners have something special in mind? Whatever it is, the sooner they can share that with the new manager, the better for all concerned. Allardyce was prepared to come out of retirement for this. I hope it's worth it.

BBC Sport Garth Crook's Team of the Week 3 December 2017 Ashley Williams

What a difference a manager can make. The arrival of Sam Allardyce at Goodison Park seems to have made all the difference. Everton look unrecognisable from the side I saw get destroyed at Southampton. Against West Ham in midweek they looked lively, and during Saturday's game against Huddersfield their back four looked as solid as I have seen them for some time.

At the heart of both performances was Ashley Williams. I have always liked Williams' approach to the game, and I was interested to hear him say in his post-match interview that the dressing room is now a much happier place. I should think it is: six points, two clean sheets and six goals in two games is title-winning football. But the question is, where do Everton go from here?

They may have a new manager who will almost certainly keep them in the Premier League but what is the long-term future for the club? Are they intent of hovering in mid-table or do the owners have something special in mind? Whatever it is, the sooner they can share that with the new manager, the better for all concerned. Allardyce was prepared to come out of retirement for this. I hope it's worth it.
Hahaha, he is utter cringe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back