Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have watched a different player all through last season, where I though he brought much needed stability. He is a no nonsense defender, he was never brought in to be a replica Stones model, so why are people judging him that way. Yes he makes mistakes but so do all players.

This season for no apparant reason it seems that the obligatory scapegoat is Williams. Why no just get behind the team instead.

I think you did.

I saw a lot of average to poor performances sprinkled with one or two very good ones and some decent.

Nothing to do with expecting him to be like Stones. He made a lot of mistakes and was very very slow and ponderous.

The signing seemed a smart one. Get cheapish but solid defender in during a transition period for a new manager. However his first season should mean we are already looking at a new CB partnership IMHO.

Not impossible he gets back to his Swansea best after a settling in season, but I'd agree with many in that he looks like a player in decline and not one that's going to regain former glories.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-29_11-28-7.webp
    upload_2017-7-29_11-28-7.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 83
I must have watched a different player all through last season, where I though he brought much needed stability. He is a no nonsense defender, he was never brought in to be a replica Stones model, so why are people judging him that way. Yes he makes mistakes but so do all players.

This season for no apparant reason it seems that the obligatory scapegoat is Williams. Why no just get behind the team instead.

The whole squad could get behind Williams, and you wouldn't be able to see them!

That's more down to the manager actually having us organised and working on the defence than this hippo
That'll be the same World Class defender managing us who picks Osher week in week out...one would assume he doesn't think he's a Hippo.

That'll be the same World Class defender managing us who picks Osher week in week out...one would assume he doesn't think he's a Hippo.
The same manager that picks that waste man martina who can't defend to save his life and brought in a 6 foot 5 keeper who's scared of crosses

The same manager that picks that waste man martina who can't defend to save his life and brought in a 6 foot 5 keeper who's scared of crosses

That'll be the same defender you've seen in a Blue shirt once....in what was essentially a pre-season friendly. And a young keeper who all the well-connected people in the game believe is the future national keeper.

The inference that Koeman doesn't know a defender from Adam is just laughable.

That'll be the same defender you've seen in a Blue shirt once....in what was essentially a pre-season friendly. And a young keeper who all the well-connected people in the game believe is the future national keeper.

The inference that Koeman doesn't know a defender from Adam is just laughable.
I've seen that defender a few times actually and there's a reason he was southamptons third choice.

And I wasn't talking about Pickford he isn't 6,5 is he, I'm on about the utter donut that is stecklenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back