Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked nervous on Thursday, hopefully that was just a bit of rust and perhaps needs a few more games to get that understanding required with Keane. However it is becoming pretty clear he operates at his best within a back 5.

He will more than likely be replaced next summer and I think we would have gotten good value out of him. So to all the haters I would say have some patience as you will soon get what you want. I also don't believe our defence will be the bit of the team we are most concerned with this season.

It amazes me how some people refuse to be objective.
Our defending improves substantially, but that is down to the manager and other players.
We concede a goal, Williams is at fault.

It is clear the manager has faith in the player and that Williams/Keane is the preferred partnership this year.

Last season the one player that played just about every time he was fit was Williams, Jags and Funes Mori rotated around Williams
and our defending was much better than the previous seasons.

Scapegoat identified.

Season can now begin.
Na, scapegoat is Martina.

Think we are all shocked at how big Williams is and wondering how long he will take to be in decent shape. Thought he had a good season last season and was a good signing unlike most on here who despise him. Would be good to see Keane alongside a mobile bloke though, looked weird seeing Williams struggle on Thursday.

Why don't you all stop kidding yourselves he's terrible.

Someone dare tell me he can play a high line or that he can actually use the ball with any competence at all?

Go on....
He needs to get a c/b in before the season really starts,more important than the siggy transfer for me.

It is completely unacceptable the physical shape he has came back in. He is meant to be a professional footballer.

Thursday night he looked like the worst player on the pitch and we were playing some no-marks.

It is completely unacceptable the physical shape he has came back in. He is meant to be a professional footballer.

Thursday night he looked like the worst player on the pitch and we were playing some no-marks.
Agreed with this, he looked like a Sunday league player after a night on the booze and a very large curry

It amazes me how some people refuse to be objective.
Our defending improves substantially, but that is down to the manager and other players.
We concede a goal, Williams is at fault.

It is clear the manager has faith in the player and that Williams/Keane is the preferred partnership this year.

Last season the one player that played just about every time he was fit was Williams, Jags and Funes Mori rotated around Williams
and our defending was much better than the previous seasons.
Jesus mate you're comparing it to Martinez the anti-defence manager!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back