2023/24 Ashley Young

When did he become a defender? I know, I know, he didn't lol
What I mean is I feel like I missed a meeting a few years back, because the first time I noticed him as a FB was for Villa last year

When did he stop playing wing primarily?

When did he become a defender? I know, I know, he didn't lol
What I mean is I feel like I missed a meeting a few years back, because the first time I noticed him as a FB was for Villa last year

When did he stop playing wing primarily?
Wasn't he the intermediary between Valencia and Wan-Bissaka? Fairly sure I saw him RB for manutd. He moved on from manutd in summer 2020.

Wasn't he the intermediary between Valencia and Wan-Bissaka? Fairly sure I saw him RB for manutd. He moved on from manutd in summer 2020.
You may be right there actually...that does ring a bell
So one of the Man Utd managers moved him back then probably which would be Moyes/Van Gaal/Mourinho?

That seems odd too tbh from defensive managers
Maybe he wasn't awful at defending before

You may be right there actually...that does ring a bell
So one of the Man Utd managers moved him back then probably which would be Moyes/Van Gaal/Mourinho?

That seems odd too tbh from defensive managers
Maybe he wasn't awful at defending before
Young was signed by Ferguson in 2011. Ferguson retired in 2013. Young was 4 years younger at the end of his manutd days, and had a lot more fresh legs around him to help him out. The conveyor belt of talent through the doors there that's been blighted is really quite unreal, like there's some divine right to be the dominant force Ferguson oversaw. Anyway, Young, I'm guessing a friendly 12 months with a pal in the MLS to sign off next summer?