2024/25 Ashley Young

….it helped that McGinn was never going to expose him for pace and trickery. The instructions are simple, stop the player you’re marking getting crosses into the box. Keane was at fault for the first goal and is the centre of criticism but Garner was nowhere near the lad who crossed it.

What happened in the first goal is what constantly happens, we play too narrow and everyone is attracted to the ball.

It happened loads last season where the cross wasn't stopped but we have an absolute defensive unit in Branthwaite who clears 99% of crosses single handedly.

By the end of the first half and into the 2nd, Garner was almost playing as a 3rd centre half whilst Harrison was the right back. Dyche didn't seem to have a clue what plan to put in place so just had players on the pitch filling space whilst not actually doing anything.

Garner looked at a complete loss as to what he was supposed to be doing

What happened in the first goal is what constantly happens, we play too narrow and everyone is attracted to the ball.

It happened loads last season where the cross wasn't stopped but we have an absolute defensive unit in Branthwaite who clears 99% of crosses single handedly.

By the end of the first half and into the 2nd, Garner was almost playing as a 3rd centre half whilst Harrison was the right back. Dyche didn't seem to have a clue what plan to put in place so just had players on the pitch filling space whilst not actually doing anything.

Tbf I thought McNeil was at fault for ambling back (not for the first time). He may 'put a shift in' up front but can't be relied on to cover defensively. Harrison is whatever, wherever he plays. Young did a good job on the left when he switched.

Blows my mind that people still don’t seem to be able to grasp that this is a ‘tactic’ Dyche is getting the fullbacks to play. We did it all last season and people seem oblivious to it.

Tarks won the most aerial duels in the league last season, with branthwaite 11th.

He is happy to let the crosses come in as he banks on the CBs winning the headers. But Keane can’t manage that.

He wants them narrow to stop players cutting in and to crowd players out in the box. But that only works if you can rely on your CBs and the fullbacks aren’t so passive that players still cut in past them.

Blows my mind that people still don’t seem to be able to grasp that this is a ‘tactic’ Dyche is getting the fullbacks to play. We did it all last season and people seem oblivious to it.

Tarks won the most aerial duels in the league last season, with branthwaite 11th.

He is happy to let the crosses come in as he banks on the CBs winning the headers. But Keane can’t manage that.

He wants them narrow to stop players cutting in and to crowd players out in the box. But that only works if you can rely on your CBs and the fullbacks aren’t so passive that players still cut in past them.

It burns my head mate. I was in the upper gwladys last season and couldn't believe how bad the tactics were and how much space he allows the opposition wingers to have.

It burns my head mate. I was in the upper gwladys last season and couldn't believe how bad the tactics were and how much space he allows the opposition wingers to have.
The tactics are shocking for esp how we attack as a team gives the wingers no support feom the fb has one of the midielders be able to get in the box to join the cf. even having the other winger cut into the box while a cross comes in.

Booed on.

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back