Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Aston Villa 3-2 Everton. Saturday 14th September 17:30

Your Everton MOTM

• Jordan Pickford

• Ashley Young

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Idrissa Gueye

• Jack Harrison

• Iliman Ndiaye

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• James Garner '26

• Jake O'Brien '64

• Orel Mangala '64

• Beto '81

• Lindstrom '81

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's all about chances, our problem is we don't take ours. Since Lukaku left we simply don't take our chances. DCL is hugely overrated, he should have easily scored 2nd chance. What type of moron, hits it high,when he could have just blasted it on floor it would have gone through keeper.
I wouldn’t say he’s overrated with our fans, with the media he definitely is.
There’s a reason he’s with us, if he was a natural finisher and putting more chances away he would be at a much better team.

GS.webp

I almost feel bad for him sometimes, because for most of the time he's not actually doing anything wrong, it's just that his presence alone clearly puts the fear into the rest of the team.

He's capable of having a good game even, but even when he does there's always the feeling that we're going to lose. His total lack of aggression is his undoing really.

Yeah put perfectly. He wasn't that bad yesterday, lost Watkins for the first goal by getting under the cross but harsh to blame him for the second as the touch basically falls perfectly for Watkins. Keane dives in and he probably gives away a penalty and red card.

However he unnerves those around him and the opposition get a huge boost seeing him (and Young) on the teamsheet compared to Branthwaite.

Until that changes this side can concede 3-4 every time it plays at prem level I'm afraid.

Keane is terrible. I mean terrible. He wouldn't be playing for you anymore if it wasn't for big Sean. He's a bomb scare. Has been for years.

Your last two defeats have been hilarious and self inflicted. The Bell is ringing for Dyche and the finanical imporiety is coming home to roost so you can't strengthen anymore. You'll stay up. Said it before, will say that again. But only by the virtue of other teams being even more dreadful. Ourselves included.

It'll be a slog this year for you lot and anyone who doesn't thinkl otherwise is deluded.

Jeez…what sad news and he was only 63.

He was a hell of a player before his injury and worthy champion at league and European level.

That side gave us a hell of a beating at Goodison in the 81/82 season and I think Tony Morley won goal of the season for one of their goals.

With his blonde hair and wedge haircut he was a terrace favourite.

RIP Mr Gary Shaw.

I like that thought and I hadn't thought about it. But then you could say last match 'hey, we finally scored a brace, looked good
except for the last five minutes..."

Then you could say "it was a match with Brighton until we lost control, but first match..."

And you could say "The only bad match we've had was at Spurs, hey, I'll take that"

But a team that isn't a shambles doesn't let these opps slip or go crashing and gone. We are mentally snake bit
and remember last year we had that five match run and then came off the tracks again.

I see nothing to optimimate about here
You deserve a badge for making a new word. Optimimate. Nice - I even looked it up online but alas it doesn’t appear to exist.

Jeez…what sad news and he was only 63.

He was a hell of a player before his injury and worthy champion at league and European level.

That side gave us a hell of a beating at Goodison in the 81/82 season and I think Tony Morley won goal of the season for one of their goals.

With his blonde hair and wedge haircut he was a terrace favourite.

RIP Mr Gary Shaw.
He hasn't passed away. He's gravely ill still and in hospital. but whoever this person is should have deleted the post.

Oh, and it was 80-81.

He hasn't passed away. He's gravely ill still and in hospital. but whoever this person is should have deleted the post.

Oh, and it was 80-81.
I’m now aware of the situation and it is desperately sad…seems that a boxing promoter called Gary Shaw has died which might have caused some confusion

I got my dates mixed up with my first year at Uni in Birmingham where Shaw was big news in the city…saw him and Villa a few times.

Great player.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back