Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If no fitness issues Gomes for Keane 4-3-3. James replaces Gordon on the bench. This will be a tough game the first real test of how far we have come. Love a win but would probably accept a draw if offered.
Godfrey was not up to his standards. Keane was wobbly at first but grew into the game, goal notwithstanding I thought he ended the night better than Godfrey. Best of all was Mina, enjoyed watching him bang bodies with those strikers.

Some right pessimistic views here. I can't see anything other than another win.
Benitez is learning what to do and what not to do. The 5 at the back won't show it's
face again hopefully. We will miss DCL but goals are flowing. This is a real team developing
now get on board with it.
Villa have not been good so far. Ings has been ok but this is a team with 4/12 points, -2 GD. They passed the eye test against Chelsea but they’re not going to flirt with Europe this season IMO. Still expect them to be tough at home and the oddsmakers have them as favorites but I’m not quaking with fear.

Your dreamin'

Probably but it would be ideal game for him to be reintroduced. Likely to be tight so bring him on with 20 to go and he might be the difference. I also think he brings the best out of Richarlison. The other plus is Villa aren't cloggers so he won't get kicked to pieces.

Very difficult game at Villa. Watching Chelsea tonight (and Zenit) was a lesson in how far our squad has fallen in quality compared with the top 4. Not down about it as everybody knows how badly we have declined as a club in comparison with the top clubs. Mid table outfit is what we are, and will be until major player changes can be made to repair the damage of the past years. I will take a draw gladly at this moment.
Look again miseryguts. We are the top 4

3-2 win humdinger !
Villa are a more attacking side which IMO suits our style more than the likes of Burnley , being away as well as we will be counter attacking , worry is the defensive formation we employ

Eerily reminiscent of the early season 'win this go clear at the top' game against the same opposition two seasons back. Which we then duly bottled as was par for the course.

With Sigurdson gone out of the team and four new signings across the middle having been added since, bottle no longer seems lacking. Sticks neck out and goes for a 3-2 away win. At least one for Richy also.

Status
Not open for further replies.