Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Clearly being lined up to be sold. Been the case for weeks now.

2. It's game 2 of 38 - so no, probably not.

3. Chermiti travelled with them even though he's not been selected for the bench, so technically he's at least still 'with the squad'.

1. It's the 20th of August, we need time to reinvest. Why the delay?

2. We haven't strenghtened at centre half, so I assume this is his first choice pairing

3. He's not been named as a sub yet a player who is almost certain to go out on loan has. It makes no sense. I'm not saying start him, but surely he is capable of 15 minutes. If not, why was he signed.

Three things I am totally baffled on

1. What on earth is going on with Demari Gray. Why are we keeping a player to not use him

2. Are we going to get a full season of Michael Keane making an error a week

3. Why is Chermiti not on the bench? How is he going to get experience and adapt without being part of the match day squad.
Just assuming that:

1. Finances are that bad that if he got injured we wouldn't be able to bring in Gnonto / a striker. Seems they aren't in a position to close out any incoming deals atm but a transfer for Gray is probably agreed and just wanting on us bringing somebody in. Yet if we can't bring anybody in then Gray won't be sold. Good times Bill.

2. Yes. Sadly. One of the biggest flaws to Dyche is this ridiculous blind loyalty. Even an OG or mistake won't be enough to see him out of the side, it'll need to be a 'run' of bad form where he's at fault for a handful of points being lost.

3. Could be anything really. We've not heard anything about him apart from he's "one for the future, and maybe now". Expect he'll be brought into the squad slowly, although he couldn't be worse than Maupay and all other teams seem to be about to play foreign youngsters without too many issues.

Just a really weird club.

1. What on earth is going on with Demari Gray. Why are we keeping a player to not use him

3. Why is Chermiti not on the bench? How is he going to get experience and adapt without being part of the match day squad.

Maybe he is defo going, and dosent want to play or the club don't want to risk I lnjury

Probably will play until Branthwaite is upto speed in training. Still think he will come in later in the year.

Not good enough yet to be involved?

In the conference Dyche said Gray isn't fit enough to feature

It’s clear Gray isn’t in the planning, hence why Harrison was given the number 11 shirt, the club were banking on an offer coming in, he’s apparently agreed terms weeks ago with Fulham

Keane played the majority of preseason, Branthwaite spent the first part as a bench warmer for England U21s, that’s the only reason he’s playing

That’s on Dyche with his hard on for players being ready ready, he could and should have got minutes for the U21s at Middlesbrough on Friday, he’ll end up getting a run out at Doncaster a week on Wednesday

Really need to start seeing signs we are a different proposition to the last few season.... we won`t but we need to if Dyche is to progress this team.

In the conference Dyche said Gray isn't fit enough to feature
Yes but we also read he isn't training with the squad

So maybe getting him into full training ahead of the new season would have been a smart idea!!

I think it's fair to say they want him to leave. So either accept a bid and let him leave or use him. The current situation is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back