Match Thread Aston Villa vs. Everton - Carabao Cup Third Round

Your MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't start many of the first 11. You don't want them to lose confidence before a massive game against Luton. We beat Luton and we're in a good position. If we get beat 3 or 4 -0 playing our first team the confidence from last weekend will be gone.

Wouldn't start many of the first 11. You don't want them to lose confidence before a massive game against Luton. We beat Luton and we're in a good position. If we get beat 3 or 4 -0 playing our first team the confidence from last weekend will be gone.
Doesn't make sense that.

You don't want us to lose confidence so you want us to rest everyone and get battered? ( because that's what will happen )

Go strong as possible get a win, build confidence, get a cup run going to build confidence

Doesn't make sense that.

You don't want us to lose confidence so you want us to rest everyone and get battered? ( because that's what will happen )

Go strong as possible get a win, build confidence, get a cup run going to build confidence

If it's a very weak 11 with youth players and others can't see much confidence being lost. To beat Villa we would need a massive performance which would impact our massive game on Saturday. Even if we somehow beat Villa who are a top side we're likely to go out in the next round anyway. Rather beat one of our rivals in the league.

Just checked on Villa's ticketing page, there's still over 14700 unsold for this in the home ends

Apparently they used to include some cup games with people’s season tickets, but have stopped doing it. Factor in the extra European games they’ve got this season, and people probably don’t want to pay to watch a second string team against relegation candidates.

I believe this is because Villa have put the prices up for this game, higher than the league game, this could help us with 6,000 Everton fans roaring us on and loads of Villa fans missing.
It’s not as high as the league game but high enough with loads of games coming up .

If it's a very weak 11 with youth players and others can't see much confidence being lost. To beat Villa we would need a massive performance which would impact our massive game on Saturday. Even if we somehow beat Villa who are a top side we're likely to go out in the next round anyway. Rather beat one of our rivals in the league.

We are only a few weeks into the season, the players should get able to handle a couple of games a week.

Villa won't go full strength as they are balancing Europe as well, so if its our first team vs their first/squad players we would stand a chance, factor in th3 stadium will be half empty.

Hate the idea of throwing a cup game. Especially a winnable one

Guess like a lot of fans, I have my eye on the league table so we can 'win the staying in the PL cup'.

Would be nice to compete for an actual cup though.

Patterson and Danjuma should be able to slot in without too much fall-off. Start with Chermiti ?

Harrison is an interesting shout too, at least for some of the game.

Onyango, Godfrey, Keane ? Well, we pay them for something.

...Forgot about Dobbin too.

We just can't throw this, I'd love a good cup run especially this one as we have never won it to our shame...

Pickford
Patterson
Keane
Godfrey
Young
Onana
Garner
Danjuma
Harrison
Chermitti
DCL

Not the team I'd go for obviously but Dyche might change things up. Villa Wong be full strength either id imagine.

We just can't throw this, I'd love a good cup run especially this one as we have never won it to our shame...

Pickford
Patterson
Keane
Godfrey
Young
Onana
Garner
Danjuma
Harrison
Chermitti
DCL

Not the team I'd go for obviously but Dyche might change things up. Villa Wong be full strength either id imagine.
You say we cant just throw for which i agree and then you put Keane Godfrey as the CBs

Confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.