Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax lads.
We're a mid-table team, 3 key players injured in 2 games, debutants and no striker. Rondon counts as neither footballer nor professional. The condition he presented himself in last year was a major factor in the relegation scrap.
A proper forward and those two games have a completely different look.
So again relax.

We very clearly aren’t a mid table team unless we make some good signings

Frank; you've made your point to the Board and hopefully, and/or seen the error of your ways.

A front 3 of Gray, Gordon and Mc Neil is not the way to go.

Stick with who we finished with.

Oh, and next game, get some points on the board - 3 for preference

Iwobi shaded from Onana, I know Onana just lost the ball in midfield for the 2nd ball but he looked like a man amongst kids, Villas arse fell out when he made that 1st goal. If only we had of got that goal 10 mins earlier we could have stolen a win.

I hope that’s the last time Lampard has to play that three who started up front again.

I know none of them are strikers, but the inability to pass or shield the ball was embarrassing.

Positives: We were often a threat on corners and our defence did all right. Good debuts from Coady and Onana. Iowbi only positive player in front of our defence. Davis did ok when he came on.

Negatives: Just read all the comments in this thread.

Lampard: He must decide which formation he can get the best put of his players. With Coady he seem do prefer 5 at the back. McNeil must play out wide and can't play in a 3 midfield. Took him of when he introduced Rondon. Strange, as McNeil is known for his crossings in the box.

Really disappointed by that result just think we could have got something, Onana will start next game
Given our rather lackadaisical transfer window effort, I always reckoned our season would start against Forest.
A must win game so early in the season. Need a striker signed by Tuesday at latest and get him match ready for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.