• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then 3-4–1-2

Holgate Coady Tarkowski

Patterson Gana Onana Vinagre

Iwobi

Guirassy New Forward
Guarantee that Gordon will be in the starting 11...I would put mykolenko at cb with coady and Tarkowski...vinagre is a good shout as wing back as probably more attacking...unfortunately gana is one for deadline day I feel...new forward we may be lucky next week. For sure iwobi has to play further forward.

I thought Tarkowski was very good today and Patterson good going forward and defending - that kid is only going to get better.
I like Tarks but think he should have closed Watkins down for the first goal instead of dropping off and allowing him to run. Doucoure should have done better too - he had hold of Ings shirt - so it's brainless footy again from him. Really like Patterson. Wish we had a better footballer than Holgate - who is likely to stay ahead of Keane and even Mina due to his pace. Please get Gana and stop playing Gordon as a 9. Onana looks a beast and is going to be a big star.

For all the talk of how good our defence is, they still conceded two goals against a very average side. I just dont agree with narrative on us building from the back, its not going to work.

For all the talk of how good our defence is, they still conceded two goals against a very average side. I just dont agree with narrative on us building from the back, its not going to work.
it will when we sort out the midfield and attack. Any defence isnt going to keep a clean sheet without a decent midfield and attack.

There is no building from the back...it's the same of what we did end of last season. Super defensive, and compact hoping to get a goal in a quick transition or set piece and defend then the lead until the end.

Anyone still a fan of the 5-2-3?

Such a limited formation, I may have mentioned it once or twice, completely bossed in the middle of the park today.

I said in pre season that the worst case scenario is Frank spends all of pre season training this 5-2-3 and a few league games in he has to bin it. Meaning all that time has been wasted on it, IMO must be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. You see the difference immediately, in the same way we saw the turnaround v Palace last season.

NEED a striker or 2.... BUT....

Gonna be another long season, looks like the fans will be needed again to keep us up. But like I said on Twitter, the majority of this team have been finishing 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th and 16th. We`ve only used 5 at the back under 2 managers in the same season, can you guess which one it is?

Being brutally honest I like what Frank brings and the unity he has brought but I`d rather him go than watch 5 at the back week in week out and another relegation battle, that opinion is based on the fact we will go down if we continue with 5 at the back.

Didn`t think we`d get another season like last yet here we are needing a PPG 1.11, this season it stands at 0.00 and last season Frank achieved 1.25, its just too close to call.

Forest is now massive, the longer we go without putting points on the board the harder it will get, we saw that last season, really worried but I`m not panicking and some will point to performances but performances dont save you fromn relegation, points do. Funny enough Brighton like the 5 at the back, their XG is traditionally high but actual goals low, does that sound familiar?

I thought Tarkowski was very good today and Patterson good going forward and defending - that kid is only going to get better.

Villa proved you can play a back 4 and still get fullbacks high up the pitch, tactical masterclass from Gerrard today playing a diamond against our 2, taught Frank a lesson.

Again I`ll say Forest next Saturday is huge, the longer we go without picking up points the harder it becomes.

Not giving out the negativity as the thread is already full of it.
I voted Iwobi for man of the match (again) Thought Patterson did well and Onana looked good in his limited time on the pitch. Yes he lost the ball for their goal, but It made a change to see somebody at least trying to move forward, rather than looking in desperation for a safe sideways or backward pass.

I like Tarks but think he should have closed Watkins down for the first goal instead of dropping off and allowing him to run. Doucoure should have done better too - he had hold of Ings shirt - so it's brainless footy again from him. Really like Patterson. Wish we had a better footballer than Holgate - who is likely to stay ahead of Keane and even Mina due to his pace. Please get Gana and stop playing Gordon as a 9. Onana looks a beast and is going to be a big star.
The HT analysis showed Doucoure moved too far forward and couldn’t cover the run from Coutinho and left a hole in the middle which made the ball in from Watkins possible. Tarks was isolated and when Doucs did get back he made an arsehole of it. Tbh, he did very little wrong and made a great tackle towards the end to stop a breakaway……..

Just how I saw it but I agree how disappointing it was to concede the way we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.