Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much more enjoyable listening to Daniel Mann and Andy Townsend on the USA Network feed than ‘Fletch’ and the boys on BT
Considered just muting it tbh, one classic was “he has a cracking strike on him” not scored in 25 games, can’t remember who it was, Villa player.

I don’t think Davies did much wrong when he came on really. We all know his limitations, but for what he is I thought he played okay.

If we had more quality going forward today then we win it. I actually thought the same vs Chelsea last week.

He is just a nothing player , did nothing wrong but also offers nothing. He’s not the only one out squad is full of them tbh

The season we finished fourth under Martinez, I remember it looking OK but we weren't winning. The lukaku came in (halftime away at West ham) and we kicked in from there.

Everything about the last two games has looked OK (miles better than last year by the way) but just short of that striker.

But will we get that striker in? Difference between 8th and 16th I reckon.

Pretty sure we hardly lost a game up until Xmas when osman decided to lose the ball from a go against st Sunderland , we’re we top of the league or 2nd?

Also we never finished 4th under bobby, we did have “ our best ever season in the prem tho, the magicical 72 points”

people saying davies did ok

hmmmm

villa found pockets of space in behind him on numerous occasions

he seems to just mark space and lets players run past him

not sure that is what a defensive midfielder is meant to be doing
He did much better than I thought, yet he'll never be the answer and should have left the club at least three seasons ago. Gordon will get exactly the same lenient treatment and continue to stink the place out yet still be here when he's 26 at which point he'll be worth nothing just like Davies is.

was watching the match up until the 60th min on a road trip, then I ran out of data. Apparently Dinge has our goal of the month, which is the most everton thing ever.

All of signings seem solid, if unspectacular so I'm not gonna knock them. However, yes, I know the position is crazy expensive, ignore the striker position at your own peril. A bang avg striker like Ings, will always trump no striker whatsoever.

Pretty sure we hardly lost a game up until Xmas when osman decided to lose the ball from a go against st Sunderland , we’re we top of the league or 2nd?

Also we never finished 4th under bobby, we did have “ our best ever season in the prem tho, the magicical 72 points”
We drew the 1st 3 games that season and failed to
Score a goal.

He did much better than I thought, yet he'll never be the answer and should have left the club at least three seasons ago. Gordon will get exactly the same lenient treatment and continue to stink the place out yet still be here when he's 26 at which point he'll be worth nothing just like Davies is.

Mate Gordon was our best attacking player, and is being slaughtered. Theres no lenient treatment whatsoever. Theres a massive overreaction to what was a decent performance from him.

Disappointing, but think we looked better than we did for much of last season, which was often painful to watch. Defence looks much more solid - especially in terms of playing it out. On balance I think it was probably a fair result.

Status
Not open for further replies.