Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this guy actually any good? I can't recall seeing him much. The fact that he's at Zenit would suggest to me he's a bit of a mercenary? Is that fair comment? If so, is he a good mercenary?

He went to Zenit at a time they where trying to do what PSG have done and crack the CL monopoly, they spent absolutely massively for a couple of season but end of the day the Russian league with the winter break is a huge disadvantage for those teams ever being able to make that step

Stayed at Zenit without kicking up a fuss when some big teams have been after him the past two seasons, and regarded as one of the leaders in the Belgium team, so wouldn't call him a mercenary exactly.

and yes as we will see come the start of August he is VERY good

He went to Zenit at a time they where trying to do what PSG have done and crack the CL monopoly, they spent absolutely massively for a couple of season but end of the day the Russian league with the winter break is a huge disadvantage for those teams ever being able to make that step

Stayed at Zenit without kicking up a fuss when some big teams have been after him the past two seasons, and regarded as one of the leaders in the Belgium team, so wouldn't call him a mercenary exactly.

Fair enough then, cheers. That does sound a bit like a positive slant on it but, if he's good, then I don't care.

Fair enough then, cheers. That does sound a bit like a positive slant on it but, if he's good, then I don't care.

He is a different type to what we have, proper box to box midfielder. Doesn't score many but strong and physical and will add quality and competition to our midfield.

Your insight into Russian football is indispensable.

Is this guy actually any good? I can't recall seeing him much. The fact that he's at Zenit would suggest to me he's a bit of a mercenary? Is that fair comment? If so, is he a good mercenary?

He has all the skills to be an incredible player, high CL level.But he has to be liberated from all that Wilmots and Zenit defending bullshit.

I think Koemand can make Witsel again the player he can be (and was against Hungary). He used to be the CAM in his team. He should be higher up the pitch at least because he scores quite easily actually.

He is a different type to what we have, proper box to box midfielder. Doesn't score many but strong and physical and will add quality and competition to our midfield.

Actually if he were allowed to play a bit higher up the field, you'd see he can actually score a decent amout of goals.

After much deliberation I've decided that if he keeps Cleverley away from that team the guy is worth his weight in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back