Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what some people overlook is the CL appearance bonus that clever players put into their contracts.

Also higher profile = bigger sponsorship.

All that adds up and more than compensates for the loss of a few K a week on a weekly.
Still we can offer way way above what they can if we're that hell bent on getting him

that's settled then.

This will be a problem hence we have to attract players who will be influenced by money or players who are not the finished atricle and will not feel the need for instant CL. Man city had this problem, as do the [Poor language removed]

Still we can offer way way above what they can if we're that hell bent on getting him

Maybe we dont wanna enter in a bidding war, a bidding war that clearly we could win, maybe they have concerns about paying 30m for a player in his last year and once his wage demands reach a certain figure we say koff.

Or maybe Mosh is sitting there now saying "If you bid a penny more I will buy your whole country you pasta eating fascists"

Maybe we dont wanna enter in a bidding war, a bidding war that clearly we could win, maybe they have concerns about paying 30m for a player in his last year and once his wage demands reach a certain figure we say koff.

Or maybe Mosh is sitting there now saying "If you bid a penny more I will buy your whole country you pasta eating fascists"

lollol

One the Liverpool journos from the echo put on Twitter a few hours ago. About Napoli bidding 14mil for the young Polish midfielder zelinski(spelling)
Made me think, maybe they have give up on witsel

This does make sense.. works well under Koeman, proven in the league, about £10m cheaper, etc.
woudlnt be suprised if the witsel price is euros & him versus schneiderlin is a very similar package. United will probably want more than £20 million.

Who knows maybe we are buying both

Not necessarily. Napoli and the Italian league in general are a bit crap.
As are Zenit and the Russian league. CL games, and money on offer, obviously both factors too.

just don't see napoli paying the wages he wants, if they do fair enough we went in and tried, didn't get him. We'll move on.
Indeed, and that would be the correct approach. No need to get into a bidding war, either re the transfer fee or the wages offered. There are other CMs out there.

Would rather he bought scherderlein. Proven in this league and is just what we need in midfield.
If we were quoted the same fee for both, I'd prefer Schneiderlin too. Prem experience should not be underestimated.

Napoli would only offer 40-50k... We could offer 100+ now...
We do still have to keep one eye on our wage structure though. If Napoli are coming in around £50k, we should be countering at about £70k - we aren't just in the market for one player.

In summary: I hope we get him, but not if the fee or wages get into silly figures.

Also with regards Witsel, I dont think he was ever a "number 1 target", im clearly guessing here, but he declared he was leaving Zenit months ago, I think his agent has come to us and we are having a sniff, missing out wouldnt the end of the world IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back