Homepage Update: Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it was Eto'o, people took Roberto's side. When it was Distin, who'd been a flawless player and pro for us for years, most people still took Roberto's side. But Baines? Look up sound in the Scouse dictionary and there's a pic of him with his acoustic guitar on his back. Desperate stuff from a desperate manager.

Cfbe9N0WQAABnmS.jpg

Or this picture will show up

Baines ain't soft, he's been in the game long enough to know that you can't go to the press unsanctioned without there being come back for him.

He's either very naive ( I don't think so ) or he'd reached the point where he felt something had to be said whatever the consequences for himself ( more likely ).

Baines comes across as a thoughtful and intelligent individual, not your typical footballer off the field. It's difficult to see how Martinez is going to get him and I suspect others back on board,

This season is turning into a nightmare !

could Martinez be trying to make an example of Baines - a senior squad member and one of Moyes boys, in public to try and give the impression he's in total control? Baines has never been a player to rock the boat or kick off. I can't remember many times he's spoken to press so anything he has said will have been well thought out and for a reason. Martinez suggesting he was misquoted and that he has apologised is belittling to Leighton.
It would have been nice to hear Roberto say Lukaku had to apologise to the club after basically saying 'yeah I'm jumping ship, I'm better than this lot' (and this isn't a dig at Rom, I love the guy I want him to stay but wouldn't blame him going) but Roberto didn't. He just brushed over it because some players are placed on a perch as untouchable and that's going to cause discourse and unrest in a team that for years has been heralded for its team work and spirit. As Baines said, no chemistry!

image.jpg

*leighton Baines in training yesterday.

Leighton is in a moment of small soft tissue injury that will unfortunately keep him out for a few weeks, he has been in a phenomenal period of form and was misquoted in the meeja, Leighton now realises his comments were wrong and the Martinez philosophy is best.

Baines comes across as a thoughtful and intelligent individual, not your typical footballer off the field. It's difficult to see how Martinez is going to get him and I suspect others back on board,
I'm going along the lines of that Baines knew what he was saying and was willing to show dissent (in Martinez's eyes) as it was necessary.

In many ways the fan base and their opinions are much less important as a catalyst for change than the players and their views.

Over time we can cause a tide of discontent which may play a part in the board acting. On the other hand, players have a real leverage.

If Martinez loses Baines it may be a catalyst for other players to lose faith; once that's happened then it will quicken the hangman's noose.

Status
Not open for further replies.