Barkley..again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess he preferred his years of warming the bench because he’s going to struggle to get into Villa’s midfield. Strange one.

Guess he preferred his years of warming the bench because he’s going to struggle to get into Villa’s midfield. Strange one.

I don't think people realise just how good he was this season. His and Lutons season tailed off a bit in the final few games but he really has been outstanding and his best performances all came against the best clubs (City, Arsenal, Liverpool).

I think he would get plenty of game time at Villa based on current forum. United were strongly linked with him a couple months back as well.

Makes sense for him. Already played there so familiar & also gets Champions League footy next season. Good business from Villa.

I don't think people realise just how good he was this season. His and Lutons season tailed off a bit in the final few games but he really has been outstanding and his best performances all came against the best clubs (City, Arsenal, Liverpool).

I think he would get plenty of game time at Villa based on current forum. United were strongly linked with him a couple months back as well.
Hmm, I’m not that convinced his (lack of) work ethic will be tolerated at a bigger club, just as it hasn’t been in the past. I think Edwards realised he had to give him free rein because he had no one else good enough. Truth be told from what I saw Barkley’s laziness probably contributed to almost as many opposition goals as his talent contributed to Luton goals.

…two things Dyche demands from his players is to ‘press’ and ‘recover from the press’ if opposition go past. Pretty much rules Barkley out.

You could say the same about Gomes, but he got some game time and I think we were better off for it.

It doesn’t look like it matters now anyway, he’s going to play Champions League football with Aston Villa, whilst we continue to boot balls at DCL and Beto’s head 40 times per game.

I made a post during the Luton game that it was hilarious how little Barkley had changed, even his decision making as he got older. He's literally making the Everton > Chelsea move again. Decent, but not amazing, at a lower club, gets mad overrated, moves to a Champions League club, doesn't play, fade to obscurity. This has Eriksen from Brentford to United written all over it. In fairness we're even guilty for overrated James when he was here. These players simply only look good compared to actual championship level player, put them in a side that is supposed to be decent where they don't get an automatic free role and they're crap.

Like I know it's a funny joke to act like he's thick but this is genuinely a brain dead move. Not even saying move to us necessarily but like a Fulham or something where he'd probably play but not be in relegation battles. Literal only move he *shouldn't* be making is a club that's too good for him or not good enough for him, he's done exactly almost every time he's moved a club. Lad has either the worst agent in the world or is just dim.

You could say the same about Gomes, but he got some game time and I think we were better off for it.

It doesn’t look like it matters now anyway, he’s going to play Champions League football with Aston Villa, whilst we continue to boot balls at DCL and Beto’s head 40 times per game.

….i can sense Dyche’s frustration at the lack of quality in possession hence him using Gomes on occasion. I think the comparison with Barkley is spot on, Barkley would be an upgrade but I think Dyche would prefer quality and mobility rather than one or the other.

Played some decent stuff yesterday until we got into the top third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back