Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets have it right; that was a freak result.
They were no way near as good as us; we were electric at times. Hugely excited.

Get Stones head back in the game and were onto a good un.

I'm half with you jinks.

We were great form second half onwards, but attacking is only half the game. We let them score so easy. Against a better team we'd have lost.

But for a league 1 outfit I was pretty impressed with them.

Great entertainment last night really enjoyed that.
Please roberto buy a bloody keeper the 2 we have are not up to league 1 standard.
Well in kev and gerry lookin good

What a game.

All credit to Barnsley. Their performance was outstanding, even if it was helped by some disastrous defending on our part.

Barkley and Deulofeu changed the game. Before half time, only Mirallas and maybe Besic/Pennington seemed up for it.

Just got back as stayed over in Barnsley last night as it was my 2 young sons 1st ever away match and the stopover was an extra treat. Great night all round, Barnsley fans in Wetherspoons and around town were very nice and spoke very highly of the Blues, spoke for ages with a steward who was very funny and great with my kids and amazed how many blues supporters there were. Result was perfect (in the end) and the hotel was nice apart from a lumpy bed. Perfect night really ...here's to another away match planned.

Didn't want to risk an injury from a block in case Stamford Bridge come knocking again.
I've watched it several times, it's not like he's guessing the path of the shot to Block before the shot, the shot has been struck along the deck and he jumps over it.

Strange to me that.

Tree.
I think a player of the quality of Mirallas should have a much bigger impact on the game. I would expect Mirallas to have an impact on that game similar to Deulofeu and he wasn't even close.
With the ability he has he should have been running hard at the Barnsley defence and they would have struggled , just as they did in the second half.
But, goal apart , I didn't think he had much of an influence on our game.
A reasonable opinion. But consider this: in the first half Mirallas was on one side and McGeady was on the other - McGeady is no threat at all so Barnsley could concentrate more on defending Mirallas. When Deulofeu came on they HAD to start defending his side of the field too, but couldn't leave Mirallas in the same way they could leave McGeady - ergo Deulofeu had more space and time to operate in the second half than Mirallas did in the first, and Mirallas found space to score from in the second half which wasn't there in the first.

I think that having them both on the pitch creates more space for each of them - they benefit each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back