Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to watch the match last night and any highlights so could someone (seriously) tell me what happened yday?

What was Stones' reception like?
Who played the best?

Unable to watch the match last night and any highlights so could someone (seriously) tell me what happened yday?

What was Stones' reception like?
Who played the best?
We were terrible first half. Good second half, good in extra time.
Defense was porous.
Del and Barkley came on, were brilliant and changed the game.
Could have scored more, Del and Mirallas gave us genuine outlets out wide, had some good chances created.
Stones was iffy, Pennington looked solid on debut, wasn't hooked because of performance but as a tactical call.

Lets have it right; that was a freak result.
They were no way near as good as us; we were electric at times. Hugely excited.

Get Stones head back in the game and were onto a good un.

Come on Jinks can you not afford a league 1 side a well done for giving it a real go. They played really well.

Can people give Oviedo a chance to get some matches under his belt before crucifying him, he's been out for the best part of 2 years. Can't expect him to come back in and be straight at it, match fitness takes time. He ran his legs off last night.

A lot of people have been quick to jump on Stones' back tonight after the first goal. The whole defence is all over the shop for the first two goals. Jagielka was no better than Stones, his positioning and communication to organize the defence were nowhere to be seen. The amount of times you see the players looking at each other after a goal is scored wondering where the other defenders are is telling of the situation.
Perhaps we need to look at the captaincy, we communicate badly and the captain should be the focus.
Jags clearly under pressure, it might lighten his load to appoint a new captain

Two little incidents I did notice that I was really pleased to see were:

- Barkley telling Geri to pick his head up when on the counter; he's showing a greater maturity this season and starting to realise he can be our main man. Very impressive last night and starting to take more responsibility on himself to lead the attackers.
- Stones standing up to one of their strikers after a foul. It was probably one of the worst games I've seen from John but I thought he looked far more commanding last night keeping his line straight and moving people around. Whereas Jags seems to randomly shrink in games if this lad stays he's definitely captain material.

Probably the most minor incidents in an action packed game but I like the little things in player development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back