Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt is on a full season loan unfortunatly- it was not the best idea with no recall clause!
I sort of feared that when he hadn't been recalled by now. I guess any club taking him needed the security. In retrospect it wasn't the wisest move with Baines coming back from surgery and Oviedo far from ready. We need a good LB on loan. There must be one available somewhere.

Stones was wretched mate. His mind was totally elsewhere. Jumping over the ball for the first, ball watching for the second, and lax (by his standards) with his distribution. I'm not saying that the rest of the back line were not to blame (especially Oviedo who had a stinker) but to say Stones was his normal self is untrue.
I thought Jags was pretty poor too and the less said about our fullbacks the better. But sure we won so we move on.

can someone clarify what ASS is please?!
ASS is a society established by esteemed member @kithnou for fans of Aiden McGeady. Established some 18 months ago, ASS is an acronym for Aiden is Special Society . Initially popular, over more recent times, ASS's profile has sagged significantly with many members exiting feeling massively deflated. It's future looks bleak...

ASS is a society established by esteemed member @kithnou for fans of Aiden McGeady. Established some 18 months ago, ASS is an acronym for Aiden is Special Society . Initially popular, over more recent times, ASS's profile has sagged significantly with many members exiting feeling massively deflated. It's future looks bleak...
Can't fight the sag...

Just got home, not really up to speed with the Stones situation but it was good man management by Martinez that. Great stuff from our support, there was a minority booing him ( and fair play, I can understand why ) but folks just started applauding every touch he made. The [bad word] Off Mourinho chant was ace

Robles was poor, Howard's not much better and assuming we get the signings we're after this window, then next Summer the keeper has to be pretty much top priority. Deulofeu was ace and made all the difference. Noticed he was limping a bit and feeling the top of his thigh occassionally, but hopefully he's OK. Barkley was boss too.

I'm a bit hoarse. Ignoring the first half that's the best away I've been to since the 1-0 at Old Trafford when Moyes was in charge there.

Can't believe we're on holiday when we play Reading. I've totally ballsed that one up ffs.

I think today could prove to be a defining moment for our season. There were a few tragic performances (McGeady and Robles in particular) but this team showed resilience. Albeit, against a much lesser team, we saw players take charge. Barkley and Deulofeu were brilliant and I love the energy that Besic provides. Mirallas and Lukaku also looked good. Things need to be addressed on the back line but I am optimistic after this gutty performance.

I sort of feared that when he hadn't been recalled by now. I guess any club taking him needed the security. In retrospect it wasn't the wisest move with Baines coming back from surgery and Oviedo far from ready. We need a good LB on loan. There must be one available somewhere.

only at everton this ^^ !!! loan a perfectly good left back out.. 2 matches later look to loan IN a left back!

I think today could prove to be a defining moment for our season. There were a few tragic performances (McGeady and Robles in particular) but this team showed resilience. Albeit, against a much lesser team, we saw players take charge. Barkley and Deulofeu were brilliant and I love the energy that Besic provides. Mirallas and Lukaku also looked good. Things need to be addressed on the back line but I am optimistic after this gutty performance.

how was robles tragic? mistake for the second goal yes, but he didn't do anything else wrong. made a couple of important saves at 4-3.

We were very lucky to escape with a win tonight

Martinez desperately needs to bring in a defensive coach to handle that aspect of the team

Totally agree.

More often than not, our defence is a shambles. That's not down to the personnel, that's down to coaching and things not being drilled so often that they're second nature. I love Martinez, but this is his achilles heel and, if he doesn't address it, it'll stop him becoming a great manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back