Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the biggest downside. Oviedo doesn't look right. I think he just needs time but the problem is we don't have it with our fixture list.
Just got back from the game and, it pains me to say because I like the lad a lot, but Oviedo's legs (and maybe his bottle) have gone. Better wingers are going to skin him every time.

Really enjoyed that tonight. Good atmosphere, good opponents and the right outcome in the end. Hope that wasn't Stones doing a Lescott though he seemed half asleep for the majority. Del Boy really is magic though I love the passion he shows for the shirt, looks like it means the world to him.

Just wanted to say barnsley played well.They must be hoping we sell stones so they can have some money. We should buy the sell on clause fee of them.
I wonder if we'd actually benefit more greatly in the long term by keeping them sweet and sending them some of our youngsters on loan. They play good football, and have some more promising talent on their books. Perhaps we should be loaning Holgate back to them!

I wonder if we'd actually benefit more greatly in the long term by keeping them sweet and sending them some of our youngsters on loan. They play good football, and have some more promising talent on their books. Perhaps we should be loaning Holgate back to them!

They are losing around 7 million I'd we don't sell him which will be a lot to them. So hopefully something can be sorted.

I thought they were a very poor championship side and we should have buried them by half time,even with the dross midfield we played 1st half

I haven't read back on the thread so I don't know if it has already been mentioned but I thought Conor Hourihane was brilliant tonight.
He played exactly in the way that the creative player we need should play. Still only 24 and a Corkman...like myself.

I thought :
Robles looked rusty.
Pennington was not bad but difficult for a youngster in a team playing poorly.
Jagielka and Stones started very badly and improved somewhat as the game went on, but certainly not their finest hour.
Oviedo was awful, just has not recovered form after the injury.
Besic was very good I thought as was Cleverley. I thought Cleverley was playing well and showing for the ball when nobody else was.
McGeady-AWFUL.
Mirallas-goal apart I thought he was ordinary.
The Lukaku we all want to see is back.
Naismith did well-works hard and never gives up , if a bit limited.

Barkley and Deulofeu....a joy to watch.
Surprised at both these comments. I missed the first 30 minutes, but at the end of the first half only Mirallas, Oviedo and Besic looked interested. Oviedo and Besic looked gassed by the end of normal time but both were still covering as much ground as possible and did more right than wrong. Mirallas was very good in the second half, a constant threat, linking up well with Rom, Barkley, Del and Oviedo. Tracked back to make tackles in support of Oviedo on more than one occasion and showed more leadership than many others.

9521876.jpg
yep...consider me a deflated member who has exited ASS never to re-enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back