Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic match . The two HT subs made all the difference . Barkley looks up for it . And what can we say about Del . Three assists , could have had a couple himself, too .

* can we beat Reading with no fuss , please . Don't think my ticker could stand another match like that :p

can I say I thought besic and barkleys vision and long range passing was top drawer tonight
del ..... his decision making has defo been worked on ... 2 seasons ago he wouldn't have pulled out some of those crosses , instead choosing to go for goal. very mature spellbinding performance , and long may it continue.
also if Martinez has said that stones is staying .... my love for him has grown.

attacking ...ivory towers -messi from Barcelona , defending .... fawlty towers -manuel from Barcelona

buzzing end to end game of football

Yeah he signed in January, been class in every game he's played, people call in a defensive midfielder but he's much more he's a old style box to boxer, another that's too good for us but I'll enjoy him while we've got him a pleasure to watch
Did well that lad ,but hats off to the rest of them thought they all played well and in the right manner as well.
That head coach had us boxed off in the first half two on one with are fullbacks, city did it the last game.
nice to see a young team play with passion and skill they were a credit to the club.

I'm going to look out for barnsley this season, really impressed with how they play. If i was roberto i would sending some of our young players that way.

Play like that at the weekend and we'll get an absolute pasting from Spurs.
Lower league teams in the cup often play like that. They tend to press high and commit a lot of men forward which opens the game up. On another day they wouldn't have been so clinical and we would have scored 8.

Oviedo is average and can't start at LB in the league. Barkley looks up for it this season. Mirrales put a proper shift in. Lukaku plays better with certain players.
Probably the biggest downside. Oviedo doesn't look right. I think he just needs time but the problem is we don't have it with our fixture list.

Only watched the second half and extra time so can't comment on the first half.

Heart in mouth with Robles but made some good (if sometimes unconvincing) saves. Fair play to Cleverly slotting in nicely at fullback and big shout out to Oviedo... Not sure how you can play as little football as he has recently and still be running after 120 minutes. Once he's fit he'll do well for us. Jags and Stones did well, looked a little exposed at times though which I think highlights the difference Gareth Barry can make.

Besic put himself about well and made some good passes. Barkley, Del and Mirallas all looked well up for it and were boss. They bring out the dangerous best in Lukaku as well, hopefully we see those 4 running at defences a lot this season. Naismith was meh.

Let's batter Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back