Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...so this game is a must win and the Spurs game is a must win.

So which is it? Play a really strong side on Wed and have them come out lethargic on Saturday? Or give the back ups their chance and play the strongest side possible on Saturday?

We should be able to put a strong side out for both.

Live on Sky so they are expecting an upset.

2-0 to Barnsley who will be fuming at not getting their 15% Stones cut.

Better keep Stones on the bench for this one.

Difficult question because my starting 11 would nearly always be different to Mr Martinez'!

Fair enough mate...I'm not football managery enough to try to think about the starting 11 for both games.

I reckon we are making wholesale changes either Wed or Sat. I know which match I'd be willing to field the weaker side in.

Today was on of those we won't get anything today matches and I was right, on to the next Barnsley!

I think we really need a win at Barnsley for nothing more than confidence for Spurs away.

Everton have said tomorrow's the last day you can order tickets up to 14.00 so if anyone's thinking about it get yourself to Oakwell, be nice to get somewhere near a stand full behind that goal

Nice preview.

This is how i think we will line up:
---------------Robles----------------
Browning----Jags-Barry-----Oviedo
----------------Besic-----------------
Deulofeu--Cleverly-Osman--Mirallas
----------------McAleny-------------------

If they're signed by then then it's Mori for Barry. And maybe that Uruguayan for McAleny. Pretty strong team tbf.

CBA with this cup really, would be stupid to care given our recent history with this comp.

You know what?

I've just sodding realised it wasn't this round we went out in last year was it?

We got a bye due to the Europa.

SAKE IJ

Strong side, win is important, need to go into the Spurs game with the confidence a win can give us. Over in 90 minutes as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back