Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a decent ale house by the ground?

Evertonians will mainly get shoved to the metrodome near where the coaches park small bar in there

Heard a few maybe going to the dove inn Pontefract road in the centre Joseph Brammar (spoons) old no7 or walkabout might be alright

Robles
Coleman Browning Jagielka Oviedo
McGeady Osman Besic Deulofeu
Naismith McAleny

Howard, Stones, Mori, Cleverley, Mirallas, Kone, Lukaku​

Not sure why people are suggesting weakened teams? People moan every year about us not taking this competition seriously. I want us to play a very strong team in every single round of this competition. This is the one we have the best chance of winning - no excuses.

Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Oviedo/Browning (based on Galloway presumably being out, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Cleverley, Kone/Lukaku.

Robles

Coleman
Jagielka
Stones
Oviedo

McCarthy
Cleverley

Deulofeu
Barkley
Mirallas

Lukaku.

Cannot be arsed going to Barnsley with a weakened team and getting knocked out.

Start Deulofeu here and start Mirallas against Tottenham. Don't think Del is sharp enough yet to start in the league.

Robles
Holgate Browning Jagielka Oviedo
Besic Cleverley
Deulofeu Barkley McAleny
Lukaku
There's no way Martinez will play his strongest team for this. There's enough quality in that team to beat Barnsley.

I think the side I watched second half on Thursday would beat us to be honest, our first team squad is the youngest out of the 92 league clubs at a average age of just over 21, so if you do play your youngsters it's not as though it'll be men against boys. I'd see it as a pretty even ish match up, hoping you turn up like that first half last Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back