Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet.....we are over from Canada and I wanted to take my son. He's been to 5 EFC matches ( including Watford + Man City ) but never seen them win ?!
Everton that !
You might be better hiring car for the day if you drive only 90 mins or so and probably cheaper than 2 coach tickets.team up with luke Chadwick so it's even cheaper.try hanstours,walnut blues,efctravel,zcarsblues

Robles
Holgate
Jags
Mori
Browning
Besic
Osman
Mirallas
Barkley
Deulofeu
Lukaku

(Ross n Rom to play to keep there confidence up and try and get a goal/assist), I would play browning left back as if Oviedo is dead we may as well give browning as much game time as possible their

I'm not a fan of Robles, but that would be harsh on him.

I'm not a fan of Howard either.

I'm a fan of wanting a new keeper.

Robles has a lot to prove, however he should never have been dropped last year. He did nothing to deserve it. He came in for four games, three clean sheets, looked to have finally built a bit of momentum and confidence, Howard comes back bang he's in. He looked like a decent keeper in those games, must be extremely difficult to get any run of form or confidence when you get 1 game here or there, and when you do get a small run and play well, you still get dropped. The save against Liverpool stood out for me that he is a decent keeper, but needs a solid run rather than being back up to get any form.

Whether anyone likes him or not, was extremely unfair to drop him.

I'm not a fan of Robles, but that would be harsh on him.

I'm not a fan of Howard either.

I'm a fan of wanting a new keeper.
Yeah, I'd like a new keeper but Martinez just doesn't seem interested and it doesn't help when he says things like Howard's performance yesterday was special and it would be unfair to blame him.

I'd rather Robles get a chance and see if he can be any good for us rather than watch Howard cost us again and again.

Robles has a lot to prove, however he should never have been dropped last year. He did nothing to deserve it. He came in for four games, three clean sheets, looked to have finally built a bit of momentum and confidence, Howard comes back bang he's in. He looked like a decent keeper in those games, must be extremely difficult to get any run of form or confidence when you get 1 game here or there, and when you do get a small run and play well, you still get dropped. The save against Liverpool stood out for me that he is a decent keeper, but needs a solid run rather than being back up to get any form.

Whether anyone likes him or not, was extremely unfair to drop him.

Howard is proven as a poor keeper. He made lots of mistakes last season and has continued this season. Robles makes the odd howler but looked to be improving during that run of games he had. I'd rather gamble on Robles turning out as a good keeper than persist with a proven poor one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back