Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
First one of yours I've seen @ijjysmith , good read, funny and to the point. I look forward to next years!

Loads of my mates are Bradford fans so if we lose I can look forward to all their jolly japes on Friday night about Barnsley beating us and not them, MY how we'll laugh..
3-0 to us? coyb.

Surely we have to go with a strong team?
We absolutely NEED a trophy!
I would go with -
Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
McCarthy Besic
Deulofeu Osman Mirallas
Kone

Strong bench too so the likes of Lukaku, Barkley et al can come on.

Surely we have to go with a strong team?
We absolutely NEED a trophy!
I would go with -
Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Oviedo
McCarthy Besic
Deulofeu Osman Mirallas
Kone

Strong bench too so the likes of Lukaku, Barkley et al can come on.

We do have to go as strong as we can, Deulofeu i would like to see get his first start of the season, we need a trophy for sure, cant mess about on this one, over in 90 minutes with a win to take to the Spurs game.

Goats 11 that should start :

Robles
Kenny - Holgate - Hibbert - Browning
Ledson
Besic - Osman
Gezza - Kone - Aids
Not sure if some of those are injured, but it should defo be a "shadow" side, we have people in the squad that need games, Besic, Gezza and we have people in the squad that cant be risked injury wise, Lukaku, Jags, Stones.

I realise its something we need to win, but any injury to a key player would probably destroy our whole season.

Robels
Hibbert Browing Jagielka Oviedo
Del Osman Besic Ledson Miralles
Kone

Living in Barnsley but being a Blue means i do get to watch some Barnsley Games, and Lee Johnson the new Manager likes to pack the midfield and play with 1 upfront even at home, However none of the midfield have any pace really so starting Mirallas and Geri is a must for me and attack down the wings should be where we will get the most Joy From

i'd Play

Robles
Holgate,Browning,Stones,Oviedo
Deulofeu, Barry(Don't think he will play sat)Osman, mirallas
Kone Naismith.

think that team would be plenty strong enough, but have Rom and Barkley on bench. Barnsley have one good Midfielder who battles for everything in Josh Scowen, Keeper Adam Davies is in his form of his life and would like to see everton sign him as back up, although at Scunthorpe away in the laast round he did not play for Barnsley.

Conor Hourihane is a threat from set pieces but offers very little else to the Barnsley team, Every Barnsley fan Raves about Sam Winnall who will probably play as a lone striker, but doesn't look match fit to me and only came on as a sub in the last round at scunthorpe, so Browning etc should be able to cope at the back.

Living in Barnsley but being a Blue means i do get to watch some Barnsley Games, and Lee Johnson the new Manager likes to pack the midfield and play with 1 upfront even at home, However none of the midfield have any pace really so starting Mirallas and Geri is a must for me and attack down the wings should be where we will get the most Joy From

i'd Play

Robles
Holgate,Browning,Stones,Oviedo
Deulofeu, Barry(Don't think he will play sat)Osman, mirallas
Kone Naismith.

think that team would be plenty strong enough, but have Rom and Barkley on bench. Barnsley have one good Midfielder who battles for everything in Josh Scowen, Keeper Adam Davies is in his form of his life and would like to see everton sign him as back up, although at Scunthorpe away in the laast round he did not play for Barnsley.

Conor Hourihane is a threat from set pieces but offers very little else to the Barnsley team, Every Barnsley fan Raves about Sam Winnall who will probably play as a lone striker, but doesn't look match fit to me and only came on as a sub in the last round at scunthorpe, so Browning etc should be able to cope at the back.

Not every Barnsley raves about Winnall, he's a decent striker at our level nothing more. Ben Pearson is quality, As for Daveis being in the form on his life he only ever played for us and he's been exactly same from his debut to his last game very solid keeper.

Not every Barnsley raves about Winnall, he's a decent striker at our level nothing more. Ben Pearson is quality, As for Daveis being in the form on his life he only ever played for us and he's been exactly same from his debut to his last game very solid keeper.

Kept Barnsley in the game against Bradford Saturday did Davies, i think Scowen is the better player out of him and Pearson. Agree Pearson can be a good player, thats probably why united rate him so highly.

Good preview @ijjysmith and agree that an Everton result can never truly be predicted. We could hockey them a la Cheltenham. Or we could do a Brentford.

I hate this competition.

It's our kryptonite. Nemesis. Immortal enemy. The mirage in a desert.

Hundreds of years from now we'll still only have reached a semi at best.

Looking at the online interacive ticket Map on the Barnsley Website if Everton sell all our allocation i reckon there won't be much difference in support reckon they will be around 7,000 home fans at most.

Kept Barnsley in the game against Bradford Saturday did Davies, i think Scowen is the better player out of him and Pearson. Agree Pearson can be a good player, thats probably why united rate him so highly.

I agree Scowen is our best midfielder but to say he's the only good one we've got is wrong in my opinion, Pearson is also quality at what he dose, and a little underrated in my opinion, he's one of them players you don't notice until he's not there.

My mate who was at their last game said this about Barnsley: "haha didnt really take note tey looked decent
nowt spesh
was drunk aswell hahaha"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back