Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware mate.

But I just find it odd that he would play both stones and jags against Barnsley when we've just played a coulple of days ago and we play again at the weekend.

Need continuity within that position though.
It may well be a reminder to the board that we lack two centre halves so please dont sell another!

Don't avoid the swear filter
Such a shame. Feck you Kenwright for not matching this lads ambition
image.webp

Exactly, he's starting because he has to. We are so short in that position. It's the same reason why his request has been/will be refused at this time.

Groucho.....maybe him starting the game is all the statement we need to make.

What say you, @BlockHead?

Methinks that our lack of cover at CB may mean he has to be played.
Also, irrespective of the situation, surely he wants to play against his hometown club ?
And regardless of whatever any of us may think, one has to hope he plays well and doesn't nause up and cost us the tie.

Given the value to Barnsley of a potential stones transfer, do you think we will see many full blooded challenges on him tonight?

I scoffed earlier at a suggestion not to boo him. Can't remember who but now I'm beginning to think they're right - we don't even know if the transfer request story was true.

We only know hearsay so until we know all the facts, we probably should show the lad that we'd like him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back